We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
reviews: 40
Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

I'll be traveling New Mexico at the end of September/beginning of October and "plan" to be in Las Cruces towards the beginning of October to see White Sands National Monument. Is it best to book hotels in advance (i.e. do they tend to fill up)? If I don't have to lock in a hotel date I would prefer to keep my travels flexible but if it's better to book a hotel in advance I can certainly do that.

4 replies to this topic
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

We have been to and stayed in Las Cruces several times that time of year without makling reservation for the same reason you mentioned. We stayed at both Best Westerns.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

You might want to make a reservation in advance, depending on NMSU football schedule, and also if it is the time of the Whole Enchilada Fiesta. Things can get busy at that time of year.

San Diego, CA
reviews: 40
3. Re: Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

Thanks Tet14 and Cruzncouple! I appreciate the advice!

Las Cruces
reviews: 11
4. Re: Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?

This is pretty old, but I thought I'd comment on it anyway. Although you certainly could book ahead of time, Las Cruces always has an abundance of rooms. The only weekends you might run into some difficulty would be during NMSU graduation in late May or mid December. Those would be our busiest hotel weekend by far.

Reply to: Book a hotel in Las Cruces in advance or on the road?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted