We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thankgiving day

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
reviews: 10
thankgiving day

any suggestions on where to eat that has good food and not too expensive?? The double eagle has a buffet but it's too pricey for my family.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
reviews: 37
1. Re: thankgiving day

This is going to be tricky, as many restaurants will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. When you contacted the Double Eagle, did they make any mention of whether or not their less-expensive 'sister' restaurant Peppers would be open then? You might also check with La Posta, which is also located in Mesilla.

san diego
2. Re: thankgiving day

Thanks for the post. I did try La Posta, as that's always my first choice. They aren't open onThanksgiving dayso I was trying to figure out another restaurant that wouldn't be a Denny 's. That may be our only hope at this point. I'll try Peppers and see if they are open. They may not be as Double Eagle is having that big buffet. But I really appreciate the feed back. I was born in LC and going back is a treat for me.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
reviews: 37
3. Re: thankgiving day

A couple of excellent places are open on Thanksgiving here in Silver City, if you don't mind driving for 2 hrs. each way. If that interests you, let me know and I'll PM you with info.

san diego
4. Re: thankgiving day

My cousin and I are still tossing things around. she's from Albuqueque so we may do that instead. It's just our trip to LC where our parents were born and raised and buried there. Brings back lots of memories. I will let you know if they are willing to drive to Silver City. Thanks again

5. Re: thankgiving day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, February 09, 2014