We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
reviews: 7
Hotel advice

Does anyone know of a hotel in Las Cruces within walking distance to downtown or near a bus stop. I will be on foot so I need to be near the public transportation routes. Thank you.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel advice

No hotel within walking distance of downtown. What are you planning to visit during your trip to Las Cruces. Then could recommend a hotel close to what you are aiming for. Las Cruces doesn't have the greatest public transportation system so it takes forever to get anyplace on the bus, and on weekends, service is extremely limited.

One hotel that is definitely on a bus route is Days Inn on Avenida de Mesilla. There is a La Quinta across the street from it--another LaQuinta about a block behind, and a Springhill Suites and a Drury Inn and Suites both about a two block walk to Avenida de Mesilla. Oh, and a Comfort Inn (on West side of I-10) directly on Avenida de Mesilla.

If you are looking for something near the University then there is a Comfort Inn right across University, and several other hotels about a 6-8 block walk from NMSU.

San Miguel de...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Hotel advice

cruzncouple, thank you for your ideas. I am just planning on visiting the city for a few days, but will try to keep to the weekdays so I don't have to use taxis. I remember public transportation in LA on weekends was so bad I did use taxis a couple of times, so it's good to know that.

3. Re: Hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 29, 2013