We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Mexico State University...

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 1
New Mexico State University...

Hi all you Trip Advisor forum supporters! I just got accepted to attend New Mexico State University to study biology and wanted some feedback about the school from people whom are familiar. I was wondering also about the Espina Place apartments. I spoke to the owner on the phone and it seems like a good fit but I really would love some feedback from folks who are there! Thanks a lot everyone.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 36
1. Re: New Mexico State University...

Las Cruces is an nice, small city with a very laid back lifestyle. Because NMSU makes up a considerable portion of the population, you could say LC is a "college town" also.

Actually, you are looking for more "live in" information than Tripadvisor is set up for...which is supposed to be limited to Travel and Tourism.

I would suggest you try: www.city-data.com

for city information applicable to your needs.

P.S. I know this is hard advice for a college student, but stay away from Juarez! Bagdad is safer now! Over 1,600 people killed there in just 2010 from the drug wars...including Americans.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 3
2. Re: New Mexico State University...

If I get by that apartment complex I will check it out for you as to looks, etc. Was just in that area this morning before I read this.

Congratulations on being accepted.

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 1
3. Re: New Mexico State University...

Thank you so much for the feedback I appreciate it and I will checkout city-data as well.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 37
4. Re: New Mexico State University...

Las Cruces is a fun town and NMSU is a good university. Mostly known as Engineering, Science and Agriculture school, but of course has so much more. Great weather and close to some fun places...Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands Nat Mon! Some great restaurants and a great in-state rivalry with Univ of New Mexico in Albuquerque! 2 of my cousins went there, one works for NASA!

According to the map, those apartments are close to campus, hard to tell what they are actually like inside!

Good luck with your studies and enjoy New Mexico.

El Paso
reviews: 28
5. Re: New Mexico State University...

HPiche,

First of all congratulations on getting into not a good university a great university. You will love your time out here and will never regret going so far afield. Once you establish residency which is not hard to do you will find its very cheap and will give you all you can handle academics wise. Check the college website for numbers to student union or other student contacts plus online advertisements for rentls and roomates....should be online. Try to make some contacts before you come out. You want to be off capus down espina, solano, or locust for easy access to campus from the off campus apartments area. Parking for students is on the permiter but plenty of bike racks.....so if your living of campus investing in a bike is a good idea. let me know if you need any assistnce.

Michael

MPA-NMSU '99

6. Re: New Mexico State University...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 27, 2013