We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Las Cruces soon

Which Las Cruces hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Cruces, NM
Moving to Las Cruces soon

I am moving to Las Cruces in a couple of weeks for a job. I will be working in Alamogordo and commuting back and forth. Money really isn't an issue as long as I can find what is ideal for me.

I am a young, professional 22 year old guy;

Looking for somewhere

-Safe

-On the North side of town (I believe Alamogordo is North of Las Cruces?)

-More green than desert

-Things to do in the area

I'm looking more for a residential type area.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Belmont...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Moving to Las Cruces soon

TA will most likely shut this thread down, as TA is not a relocation site.

You're probably better off posting to a site like City-Data.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Moving to Las Cruces soon

You need to be on the East side of town, as Alamogordo is reached via US70 going East. There are several areas east of I-25 but south of US70 that would be good to go into. You didn't say whether you want a house or an apartment. Alamogordo is NE (but mainly East) of Las Cruces.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 36
3. Re: Moving to Las Cruces soon

Ditto on City-Data.com Tripadvisor is for "vacationing."

You REALLY need to look at a map. A commute from Las Cruces to Alamogordo and back each day would be 132 miles! You would want to live in Alamogordo!!!!

4. Re: Moving to Las Cruces soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 14, 2010