We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

Which Gallup hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
reviews: 1
Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

How is this road for driving, I driven all over the US. from Canada. Read good reviews on the views along this route. We are staying two days in Page and are coming from Albuquerque. Any suggestions

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
1. Re: Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

Most of that route is easy, some parts go up and down mesas, but paved the entire way (from what I remember from our trip 12 years ago, lol) I am asssuming you will drive the entire route through the Hopi Mesa's to US 89 then north to Page.

We really enjoyed this road. Stopped and took a tour of Walpi, one of the very old Hope villages. ALso visited the Hopi Cultural Center on Second Mesa.

Take it slow, and enjoy the trip!

Southwest
reviews: 25
2. Re: Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

The top speeds will be 65 MPH in the 'wide-open' areas, some areas, corridors, towns, villages, crossings, will require to slow to 35 mph.

Since your on State highway 264, you'll in several jurisditions re: Speed, State of AZ, Navajo Tribal, Hopi Tribal, and maybe County Sheriff.

Slow and steady, don't go much higher than speed limit, domestic animals, a horse, a cow, a dog can be a nuisance, yet realize too many houses and/or homesteads have turn turn-outs to their homes, traffic could be entering or exiting as well.

It is a scenic route to take, your looking at least 3+ hours of drive between Gallup and TUba City, AZ.

Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 144
3. Re: Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

That's a good road plus a scenic and interesting route. Check out the Hubbell Trading Post at Ganado along the way.

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

Thanks for the advise, sounds like an interesting drive, I think we will take this route and enjoy the landscape along the way.

5. Re: Driving Gallup to Page rt.264

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 22, 2009