We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book a hotel in advance or on the road?

Which Farmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
reviews: 43
Book a hotel in advance or on the road?

I'll be traveling New Mexico at the end of September/beginning of October and "plan" to be in Farmington towards the end of September to see the Aztec Ruins National Monument. Is it best to book hotels in advance for Farmington (i.e. do they tend to fill up)? If I don't have to lock in a hotel date I would prefer to keep my travels flexible but if it's better to book a hotel in advance I can certainly do that.

Thanks for your help!

3 replies to this topic
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: Book a hotel in advance or on the road?

Same comment for Farmington as for Las Cruces (and also Santa Fe). Never stayed in T or C so can't judge.

reviews: 6
2. Re: Book a hotel in advance or on the road?

Hello,

As a Farmington residence I would suggest only on weekends do hotels tend to fill up right away starting with the most favorable hotels in the area.. Travelers find themselves having to settle for low-end hotels if they choose not to book in advance.. I will say, stay away from America's Best Value in because on weekends it turns into a night club known as the Blounge..

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
3. Re: Book a hotel in advance or on the road?

This is a very old post from 2012 and the OP never came back to it and already will be back a long time.

Reply to: Book a hotel in advance or on the road?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted