We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Island. Awesome People!

Which Phu Quoc Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Great Island. Awesome People!

Just spent our first full day on the island. Had breakfast at a Resturant near our hotel, our waitress was the greatest!!! She told us about some local shortcuts to the beach and some things to eat and drink along the way!

Long Beach reminds me of Key West before it was over run with big corporate hotels ... Water was just right! Local women and children playing in it with us! Marine Sting rays are in water but not really a bother like they are in Puhket really, just enough to let you know that your in their home.

Great time today! Great people met and borders crossed between cultures!

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 12
11. Re: Great Island. Awesome People!

Spent quite bit of time on beaches, rented a moto and toured the island. People in An Thoi were "approachable". As I mentioned ate at Mondos,Itaca and enjoyed Steph and crew at theDrunkn Monkey. A brass tack is a brass tack ,the terms "not worth a dime" truly fits and and yes we were robbed by the travel agent as she literally stole my girlfriends wallet with $140.00 in cash and one credit card. We are fairly well travelled, aware of environments and as I said"no worries" people. This I must insist was abad experience overall and there was true malice intended on most we encountered. True story and if I was to meet youI honestly would meet you with smile and an open attitude. Peace and safe travels.

100 Mile House...
reviews: 18
12. Re: Great Island. Awesome People!

Hi KC

Totally agree with you. Loved the Island and the people. We stayed for 24 days, and enjoyed each and every day.

We found the people to be very friendly and honest. Hubby actually commented on the fact that every time he received change, it was always correct.

Definately a place you want to visit before the international flights start, and the new hotels get built. I think the Island will see some big changes!

13. Re: Great Island. Awesome People!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island