We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation - advice needed

Which Phu Quoc Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Accommodation - advice needed

Hi,

We are going to Vietnam for 3 weeks in a couple of months, and want to spend a week (apprx) at Phu Quoc.

As we speak we are planning to stay at Sea Star Resort for 4 nights and Mango Bay for 3 nights, but would love other recommendations, as they can not fit us in on the exact dates we wanted originally, and I would prefer not to change our original itinerary. (Feedback on the above places also wanted, if they are worth changing our dates for.)

We do not want to spend more than average 100 $ pr. night, and would both like to be near some nightlife, and also some complete relaxation, and therefore a combination of above was perfect.

Many thanks,

Kari

Vietnam
1. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

Mango Bay: I've been there but did not stay there. It's the place was very simple, no a/c. The garden and the beach was in very natural setting which I like a lot. Some broken stuff like umbrellas, chairs... were around. Talked to some people who were very happy while some others did not like it very much. So if you like it simple (the wooden bungalows are too simple), you may like it. Yes it is a hideaway place.

Edited: 12:47 pm, January 30, 2013
Washington DC...
reviews: 41
2. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

Arcadia, Thien Thanh, Mai spa are all under 100 and on Long beach near nightlife

South Shields...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

I've been to both places but only stayed in the sea star, which in IMHO has the best spot on long beach. Mango bay was nice we wandered round and had a soft drink at there beach bar it is very expensive for drinks and food, there moped rental prices are double that of places on long beach also.

Sydney
reviews: 107
4. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

Go to Mai spa,

Book the beachfront bungalow for $65 a night, step directly onto the beach from your bungalow, enjoy a Phu quoc sunset from your balcony daily and enjoy the main restaurants directly outside the resort. The markets and night BBQ are in walking distance as well.

Mark

Copenhagen, Denmark
5. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

Many thanks for all you replies.

Mai Spa does not have beach bungalows available at the wanted dates, and is much more expensive than 65$ for beachfront.

So looks like we'll be sticking with our original plan.

Can't wait to get there :)

South Shields...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

have a great time

Sakoura restaurant is not to far to walk from the mango bay hotel it's by far the best meal I've ever had on two trips to Vietnam inexpensive too

7. Re: Accommodation - advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island