We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Which Phu Quoc Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 16
Rates at Cassia Cottage?

I just heard back from Cassia cottage that a seaview room (main house) next January is $130.00US plus 10% tax. I thought I had read in previous forums that thr rates were around $60.00. Does anyone know if the place is under new management and I had asked for a garden cottage would this be part of the main house? If I want to book I have to do so by May 11th. I know January is high season.How hard is it to get accomodation closer to the time. It is too early to book flights etc right now. Any thoughts from anyone who may have visited recently?

Thanks a bunch!!

Vietnam
1. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Hi Travlebug,

Yes, January is the high season at Phu Quoc,

Rate for Cassia Cottage on Jan 2010 about usd 110 nett/seaview room/night (incl all tax, service charge & breakfast for 2 adults)

Rate applied from 16Dec 09 - 15Feb 2010

Hope this can help you

Good trip

Phu Quoc Island...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Hi travelbug,

Cassia is under new management, although the owner is the same. It seems unusual that you have been asked to confirm a booking this early.

January is the peak of high season and there are only so many rooms available at this time, so if they already have most of them booked that would explain it.

The garden cottages are not part of the main house overlooking the pool and the sea, so should be cheaper.

You could also try The Beach Club, or The Sea Star, these are not as pricy, but very clean and well managed.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Would be interested to hear any feedback about the new management.

Phu Quoc
4. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Hello,

Cassia Cottage it is under new management. My name is Lena, I am from Spain, and I am the new Manager.

The problem with January is that we are almost fully booked already (the hotel only has 18 rooms). The rates hasn´t change much.

The garden cottage is 65$+VAT during our low season. All rates are on our website.

Please if you need any other information you can contact us by mai: reservations@cassiacottage.com or manager@cassiacottage.com

I hope to see you here in Phu Quoc

Regards

Lena Teijeira

Los Angeles
5. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Hi Lena,

I would like to make a booking for January 20010. I have not settled on dates yet. Can you tell what rooms you have available and prices around January 11th checking out 15th our flight home from HCMC is January 17th. I still have to buy tickets from HCMC to Pho Quoc.

Thanks

Los Angeles
6. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

I have firmed up my flight and wonder if you can give me any feedback on Cassia Cottage.

Thanks

Phu Quoc
7. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

Hi, the Cassia Cottage owner hasn't change since 1998. Lena is our new manager, succeding Jim, who went back New Zealand with his family. Lena comes from a european hotel background and has been in Viet Nam 3 years.

Nothing has changed, my little cottage on the beach is just getting better. This season Lena will bring new decoration, menu, and leisure activities-morning and evening Tai Chi, sunset "tapas" at the pool, etc, free of charge for our guests.

Our rates vary by season like most hotels. Please for any other questions you can contact us at manager@cassiacottage.com. You can check our rates on our website www.cassiacottage.com

I hope to see you soon here in our own paradise.

Cassia Cottage Team

8. Re: Rates at Cassia Cottage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 12, 2010