We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc in late September

Which Phu Quoc Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bundeena
reviews: 93
Phu Quoc in late September

Has any one holidayed on Phu Quoc in late September.

I know it is end of wet season. I am hoping to be able to swim in ocean, is this possible? or are seas to rough,Im hoping its like Phuket and it only rains in short down pours and fines up or should we not bother with Phu Quoc this time of the year.

Thanks Amanda

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Phu Quoc in late September

Yes, just short downpours at that time of year so you should be OK. Hotel rates will be cheaper as well.

The only drawback is that, as most of the island's roads are dirt tracks, getting around can be difficult, even impossible in some places. I once went biking around the island at the tail-end of the rainy season and it was very dodgy in some places.

Then again, in the dry season it's too dusty so I guess you can't have it both ways :)

bundeena
reviews: 93
2. Re: Phu Quoc in late September

Thanks for your comments,how is the ocean to swim in at that time of year.

Amanda

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Phu Quoc in late September

Not been there in September but in November it was fine.

Phu Quoc Island...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Phu Quoc in late September

If the sea is too rough on the west coast, you simply ride to Sao beach and swim on the east coast.

It only takes about 35 minutes

5. Re: Phu Quoc in late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, October 23, 2009