We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experts help required budget accomodation

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BELFAST
reviews: 112
Experts help required budget accomodation

Hoping some experts of the area can help, I've been to Bali many times but never Seminyak - heading this direction this time for a week in March - traveling alone again!

I want to be near a decent stretch of beach (if at all possible) and walking distance to Jalan Raya Basangkasa and Jalan Drupadi1 (two yoga studios I am there to attend).

I prefer traditional, somewhere with a reasonable size pool and somewhere to sunbathe (esp if beach is poor).

I have looked at Mutiara, Ananda, Puri Cendana, Sense, Bali Agung Village...........

any help or advice appreciated.

I will be coming from a week in Ubud.

I want to be able to walk to beach for sunset, restaurants to eat and to yoga studios.

Budget £50 max per night.

Thanks!!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
1. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Hi Martine - the problem you have is that Seminyak is fairly spread out and both Jl Drupadi and Jl Raya Basangkasa are long streets. The Mutiara is a great option, nice pool, clean rooms, good location for restaurants on Eat Street, but probably a 15 min walk to the beach, and maybe a 20 main walk to the top of Drupadi. The Puri Cendana is closer to the beach, only 5 mins and is more traditional, and about 5 mins walk to the bottom of Drupadi. But then it depends on where your studio is as it's about a 30 main walk from one end of the street to the other. There are eating options along Jl Dhyana Pura near the Puri Cendana. Also look at the Sarinande Beach Inn, which is 2 mins to the beach and 5 mins to the bottom of Drupadi.

Miranda, Sydney
reviews: 35
2. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Hi Martine - Last week I had a look at Kutaville, which is just behind Seminyak Square. It is still a 10 minute walk to JL Drupadi, but you can get a gardenview room for your budget. Try booking.com. It is only a small, very nice & new property with a great pool that gets the sun all day. The gardenview rooms looked lovely & private, and still very close to the pool. Kutaville is fairly close to the beach, and in a great location.

Cheers,

Sandy

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
3. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

I've stayed in Kutaville; terrific location as Sandy mentions, not actually that far from the Mutiara. It's a brand new property so not traditional, but has a decent pool area. I paid about £65 for a pool bungalow. It's completely different to the likes of the Puri Cendana. Probably 10 mins to the beach, a good 20 mins to the top of Drupadi.

Edited: 4:24 pm, January 26, 2014
Miranda, Sydney
reviews: 35
4. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Wotif.com also has good prices for Kutaville as well, and nice pics too.

Kalgoorlie...
reviews: 123
5. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Villa Bonsai is very good for the price ( less than $100 US ) not sure if thats in your budget. Very close to the Bintang Supermarket. Not far to the beach as well.

Good luck!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 79
6. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Have a look at the Legian Village Hotel email is info@legianvillage.com Located on Jalan Padma - Prices from 400,000B-600,000B

Edited: 7:34 pm, January 26, 2014
BELFAST
7. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Such a great response thank you all. My evening will be spent checking your recommendations out! Will let you know how I go.

Noodles one studio is at the top end 1200b jalan raya basangkasa (near the shampoo lounge?) ashtanga yoga bali. The other is jalan drupadi 1 no7.

no idea of distances as of yet or what I plan to do. Pish bike rental perhaps?!?

Thanks again!

BELFAST
8. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Such a great response thank you all. My evening will be spent checking your recommendations out! Will let you know how I go.

Noodles one studio is at the top end 1200b jalan raya basangkasa (near the shampoo lounge?) ashtanga yoga bali. The other is jalan drupadi 1 no7.

no idea of distances as of yet or what I plan to do. Pish bike rental perhaps?!?

Thanks again!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
9. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Hi Martine - to be perfectly honest I would discount the idea of walking and consider getting a taxi to your yoga classes, you'll be looking at just over a pound for the journey probably, and in the heat/humidity you may appreciate it. While a 20 min walk in Belfast may be nothing, in Bali it can be draining in the day unless you slow your pace and stay hydrated.Then hotel location doesn't become such of a restrictive issue.

BELFAST
10. Re: Experts help required budget accomodation

Noodles I think your perhaps right, and I'm glad you gathered a pish bike was supposed tobe a push bike lol!!

So I'm leaning towards the Puri Cendana so far, (like your suggestions went on yours the last time in Sanur!)

So if I'm in that area in the eve, anywhere you can recommend? Beach bars/restaurants, Still trying to judge distances and no idea of the streets as of yet.

Will look for a map.

Thanks everyone !