We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tashalicious
reviews: 13
Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Hi everyone,

I'm visiting Bali in March next year and I'm beginning to think Seminyak isn't the place for me. I love cheap & cheerful food & beers in a relaxed setting. After looking online it seems Seminyak has more upscale restaurants than local warungs.The occasional fancy meal is fine but I much prefer a low key diamond in the rough. Can I find that in Seminyak or should I look somewhere else and where would you suggest? (besides Ubud, I'm going there too)

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 20
1. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Legian kuta and sanur will fit your requirements

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Checkout Poppies lane Kuta..Its not for everybody but I really like it..lots of colorful characters and cheap eats along the way..Am sure Seminyak will be fine...Legian is another great option..

Perth, Australia
reviews: 32
3. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

The thing about Bali is it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. Yeah, some places in Seminyak might be quite expensive but if you absorb the cost of a $2 cab fare you can be in the middle of Kuta where you can find warungs every 10m.

Bali is always cheerful, no matter where you are :)

tashalicious
4. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

I went to Kuta years ago and didn't find it at all relaxing, that is why we picked Seminyak as it seems a bit more laid back. We are spending 5 days in Ubud, 5 at Micks Place in Pecatu and we wanted 4 days a little closer to the action without being surrounded by craziness.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 20
5. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Puri damai might be good for you close to good cheap warungs near beach and close to seminyak boarder

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
reviews: 32
6. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Legian would be ideal for you. Between Seminyak and Kuta and very cheap and cheerful.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 69
7. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

If you didn't like Kuta, I don't think Legian or Seminyak will be for you either. I would head to Sanur, best of both worlds, heaps of cheap and not so cheap dining choices without the hectic pace.

Australia
reviews: 48
8. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

I think Legian will definitely be the place you seek. Loads of restaurants, a buzz but not as low brow as Kuta :)

Perth, Australia
reviews: 44
9. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

I am loving the double 66 location-lots of cheap and cheerful and close to the action if that's what you want.it can be noisy but i find the noise just disappears into the background and you don't notice it.This street is on the border of Seminyak and Legian.I also love Sanur and am off there tomorrow-this holiday is allowing me to experience the best of both worlds!

10. Re: Is Seminyak the wrong place for cheap & cheerful?

Sanur, i prefer sanur, it's much relaxing than kuta, kuta is lil bit crowded especially in holiday season.