We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in bali with 2 kids

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 4
1st time in bali with 2 kids

hi all, we are going to be in bali from the 3rd of feb to the 20th of feb (wohooo 17 days)

we are having a huge problem (choices)picking a hotel, as we are travelling with out 2 boys (9yrs and 7yrs old).

we would love to be by the beach and shopping and yet have a kids club in the hotel for the kids to enjoy.

we were thinking of booking the first 3 or 5 nights in a hotel from here in australia and then just "take it as it comes" and book while we are there for the rest of the trip.

any comments? any suggestions on hotels in the Seminyak or legian area away from kuta but yet close enough?

THANKS

perth
reviews: 11
1. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

Bali dynasty in Kuta/Tuban has the best kids club. We stayed in an executive suite with our 2 girls, lots of different family room choices. You wander down a short lane to get to the beach and all the major shopping and waterbom park is just down the road. This is not a relaxing, quiet resort though so a few days surrounded by kids would probably be enough and then you could shoot off to somewhere a bit quieter!

Other choices that are in Legian with kids clubs are Mandira Resort and Spa or Padma. I've stayed at both of these hotels and they are really nice, but I was without kids at the time!

We stayed this year at Kumala Pantai in Legian, no kids club but the girls didn't care. They have terrific ambassador suites, 2 bedrooms and living area, this hotel is lovely and will work out quite a bit cheaper than the other options. All of these hotels are situated along the beach.

Happy hotel hunting!

Andrea

Sydney
2. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

I would do all bookings before you leave Australia. I have tried getting into several hotels for April and May and many were already booked out. I'd suggest you not leave it until you get there as you dont want to risk sleeping on the street with the kids. Tourism is increasing in Bali so do some research on this forum and find somewhere before you go.

Terrigal, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 49
3. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

we have only booked the first and last couple of days in bali. the rest of the time we booked as we went. it allows us to be flexible. we either ring the hotel and haggle on the telephone or if we are not sure of the hotel we stop at a restaurant with our gear and i go searching. we have never had a problem finding a place.

the jayakarta is okay if u get garden rooms that are interconnected. there are a lot of good hotels.

never used a kids club - too much to do and a lot of the activities in bali r good family ones.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 183
4. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

as mentioned the bali dynasty is a good hotel for kids. for something a bit cheaper in the same area the febris hotel is very good. a small kids room and large pool great family rooms with a fantastic breakfast choice. with 17 days i would be moving around to different areas. i never like to spend 17 days in the tuban / legian area. there is way to much to see and do and staying in different places adds to your experience in bali. i would suggest maybe a few days in say tuban / legian move on to ubud and sanur then have a few more nights in legian or tuban in a different hotel b4 going home. ie kumala pantai or the others already mentioned. although a kids club is good my kids would not really care if there wasn't one for the entire stay. they are more than happy with a pool and the beach and going out exploring bali. sanur is a great place when you have young kids. the beach here is safe and a good place to relax in the afternoon. plenty of good restaurants and shops to wander to as well. there are some great hotels which are beach front.

i would book ahead to guarantee your rooms. you do not give a budget. i am sure you would get more recommendations if you provide one.

Surfers Paradise...
5. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

on an average AU$200 a night for the family we think?

Surfers Paradise...
6. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

thanks Andrea, we were thing the Dynasty as well for the first 3 or 4 nights. then once we have a better feel for the place maybe decide on another few location.

Terrigal, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 49
7. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

$200 aud a night gives plenty of scope for hotels. eg puri rai in padangbai is about 400 000 ($50) for a family air con room. so, r u going to travel and stay around bali? 17 nights is plenty of time to go out of the south and see and stay in other parts of bali which are nowhere like the south.

Germany
reviews: 117
8. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

You might want to take a look at the Novotel Nusa Dua. We have not stayed there yet, but the reviews are great and the quality of the kids club has been mentioned by several reviewers.

South - UK
reviews: 2
9. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

Hi, We are from Uk and have been to Bali twice. This was in 2006 - loved it so much went back to same hotel in space of 6 months. We have one child who was 5 yrs. We stayed at Sanur Beach Hotel - excellent and easy walking with kids for food and drinks,resturants at night. Great pools for kids and kids pool. Brill hotel. Good Value place and very impressive.

Sanur is also great and maybe 15 mins to Kuta. so stay away from hussle and bussle but also accesible when you want it.

Lots of Europeans staying in Sanur as well as Americans and Australians and also folks from Far East like Singapore/Korea etc.

Hope this helped.

Andy/Wendy - T. Wells. UK

10. Re: 1st time in bali with 2 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 14, 2009