We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The legian

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
The legian

Thank you so much for all your info on where to stay we have decided to stay at the Legian in a studio i know its 3 storys but is it better to be on the ground floor or up stairs anyone who has stayed there can you please advise maybe a room number would be good if you can remember my husband is a surfer so there will be a surfboard with us (as usual) is the surf good out the front of the legian? also is it friendly there with people to talk to if you want to around the pool, is it expensive to eat at the Legian? anyway enough questions for now i will look forward to some replys bye for now Kerrie

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
reviews: 1
1. Re: The legian

Kerrie, while I haven't stayed at The Legian, I have been through it and it looks great! I would presume it would be better to be on the ground floor especially if you have a surfboard. My children always travel with boards and it's a bit of a hassle sometimes getting up and down stairs, especially if it's a longboard. The surf out the front of the hotel is good, of course it always depends on wind, swell and tides, but you can get some really nice waves there. I would imagine that it would be very expensive (Bali standtards anyway) to eat at the hotel. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Bali and heaps around the area near your hotel that there is no really is no need to eat at your hotel. Of course I would imagine that breakfast is included in the room rate. To get to some really great restaurants head out the lane on the beachfront and head towards Seminyak, will only take you 10 minutes to walk at the most and you will come to a string of restaurants - Zanzibar, Seaside, Lanai etc. They are all fantastic!!!

Australia
2. Re: The legian

Hi Pollie,

I've only just returned from staying at The Legian Beach Hotel last week with my hubby. It's a wonderful hotel and we couldn't fault a thing! We had a garden bungalow which was super. I'm not sure of the room numbers of the studios but they are at the back of the property on the r/h side as you come in the driveway... I'd definitely ask for a ground floor studio as there are no lifts(that I could see)just stairs at each end. The ground floor studios are still pretty private from the driveway as they have lots of lush foliage screening you.

Breakfast should be included in your rate and it is superb, the pancakes, which are made to order, are sublime! We ate poolside one lunchtime and although it was a little pricer than out on the street it still wasn't expensive at all compared to prices in OZ... and it was delicious. Drinks at the bar are still much cheaper too compared to prices in OZ.

We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful and there were some people around the pool who we chatted to now and again but to be honest we were just content in enjoying each others company.

Also if you walk out the main entrance to the hotel and turn left there are restaurants along there which are well priced and very yummy.... The Legian is in a wonderful location.

I can also recommend a driver too if you need one.

If you need any more information just ask.....

Happy travelling

Cheers

Flick

Sausalito
reviews: 14
3. Re: The legian

I think The Legian and the Legian Beach are two different hotels, so be careful.

I've stayed at The Legian several times -- the one that's part of the GHM Hotels group -- and it's excellent. It is a set of three-story buildings. Personally, I recommend a top floor room: no one above you, better view, and quieter. Those rooms start with "3" and the studios are in the north or south blocks. There are floor plans on the hotel website, if you haven't already checked them out....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Legian, Seminyak
reviews: 43
4. Re: The legian

The Legian is in Seminyak and the Legian Beach Hotel is in Legian. If you are staying at The Legian it is an absolutely stunning hotel, it is expensive compared to the Legian Beach Hotel but worth every penny.

There are many restaurants near to both hotels so you don't have to eat in the hotels themselves. The surf is also good at both spots.

Whichever you have booked, you will be very happy, both are on the beach.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Legian, Seminyak
reviews: 43
5. Re: The legian

BTW, The new Anantara is stunning, I walked through it a couple of weeks ago. The view from restaurant is fantastic.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 14
6. Re: The legian

I would go for the 2nd or 3rd floor definitely, don't worry there are lifts! the view is excellent (and the surf is too I believe - if not right out front it is just a stroll down the beach to find some good waves) I have been in a few of the different room types and my pick would be at the right hand - end of the complex - it means more of a walk to the restaurant/ reception area (not much of one though..) but is well worth it for the unobstructed views - the chances are you will get upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite.

Sorry I can't remember room numbers but I think the various blocks are the first number so I think it is the '3rd' block I am referring too? sorry I can't be more help with that!

7. Re: The legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 24, 2009