We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors near the Oberoi

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chorley, United...
reviews: 31
Tailors near the Oberoi

We are staying at the Oberoi in May for 11 nights. While there hubby and I would like to have some suits/trousers made for work and possibly a leather jacket for me.

Can anyone receommend a good tailor and place to have the leather jacket made?

Aussie
1. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

Yes .. Tailors name is Bobby and his shop name is Jaqui.

Shop is located on Jalan Legian ( where traffic merges in to jalan legian if coming from Legian by vehicle on oppisite side of the road) in small alley of shops.

My husband had a suit made for about $70.00 aussie dollars and it is really nice.. I had a jacket and boots made also very cheap and great quality.. There are lots of tailors in bali but becareful of the quality and the final price.. Thats why I liked bobby so much he was very friendly and honest we have been to bali 8 times now and always pay him a visit.

have fun

Mandy

South MCR, UK
reviews: 3
2. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

just want to add a thanks for that reply,

I'm staying at the oberoi for the first seven nights of my honeymoon in may, then on to the oberoi in lombok for the last seven. A tailored suit for £28!! cant wait!!

Phil H

MCR, UK

Chorley, United...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

Thanks - we too can't wait!! We will be there in May too - 23rd for 11 nights - do we overlap?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

with suits, make sure you stipulate the quality of the fussing. Nice material and cut can be ruined by this.....seen it too many times.

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

Good to hear you are staying at the Oberoi....great choice!

As for tailoring, though I know you are looking for Western clothes, may I suggest something more "ethnic"? Bali has the most amazing batik that makes beautiful shirts for both men and women!

My two shops of choice would be:

"Popiler" which has a really classy selection of fabric, which they custom-tailor for you. They did a brilliant job for this overweight teddybear, even arranging for further trials and fittings at the hotel itself! Ask for Jaya, the owner's son.

And "Legong" which has a more "informal" collection of ready-mades, with vivid colours and prints. And they also have gorgeous silk scarves for you!

Both are located within a stone's throw of each other in Denpasar, tha main town, less than half an hour from the hotel.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 167
6. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

Hi Epicurian

Sorry to be so dumb but what is 'fussing'? I have checked dictionaries and found nothing. I even lay in bad last night just thinking about it :-( (sad I know) and could only come up with 'facing'. Is that what you mean - the more I think about it the more I am convinced as my husband had a suit made at Anika Tailors which was quite well made apart from the interfacing which gave it bubbles - he took it back and had it fixed.

Please don't forget that tailors will travel to your hotel. You could go to Alta Moda, for example, choose your fabric and style and then they will come to the Oberoi for the fittings. Anika Tailors will also pick you up from your hotel and take you back after a fitting.

Cheers

7. Re: Tailors near the Oberoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 24, 2009