We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant advice

Which Franschhoek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 1
Restaurant advice

We are staying in Franschhoek for 2 nights in February next year , the first night we will be dining at Quartier Francais which is where we are staying but the 2nd night ( Valentines day ) we are going to be looking for a special restaurant to celebrate our 25th Wedding anninversiary , does anyonre have any suggestions ?

On a similar note we will be in Capetown for 3 nights , are there any special restaurants we should not miss ?

London, England
1. Re: Restaurant advice

I must insist you visit La Petite Ferme whilst in franschoek- the food is absolutley wonderful!

They only serve lunch here, but it is so popular people come from miles around to eat here! and if you do want to go it is essential to book a table because if you don't you may have to wait a while for a table!

it is located looking down into a valley over the vineyards - and to give you and idea of how nice it is the last people I reccomended this place to found it so romantic the boyfriend thought it the ideal place to propose to his girlfriend!

Maybe go for a spot of winetasting (stellenbosch is very nearby) and then lunch at La petite ferme! (they have a website aswell)

uk
2. Re: Restaurant advice

Thank you very much Karrie , that looks like a perfect way to spend a day . I will certainly try and book nearer the time.

York, England
reviews: 5
3. Re: Restaurant advice

We visited Franschhoek in late November 2006 and we has a fantastic meal at Bon Vivant resturant. Its a great little place with a very intimate atmosphere and you can sit outside if its a warm evening or inside if its cool. There is a choice of a set 5-course dinner or you can eat a la carte. We ate off the a la carte menu and it was one of the best meals we've ever had.

Just remember to book in advance!

(Otherwise you could try "The Tasting room" - we never went there but I've since read it was featured in a list of the world's ten best resturants!)

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Restaurant advice

Hello Hammerntongues,

In Cape Town you can try Pigalle

pigallerestaurants.co.za/cape_town/index_cpt…

Baia at the waterfront and Buitenverwagten in Constantia.

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
reviews: 79
5. Re: Restaurant advice

My favorite restaurant in Cape Town was, without a doubt, Madame Zingara, more an adventure for the senses then a restaurant, yet delicious, but Pigalle should be in the same class.

Biesmillah was suprisingly good, but not great food. It is recommended just about everywhere for its Cape Malay dishes. It seems a bit sleazy, but well worth a visit.

Pricey, chic and excellent, but with a little bit of I-am-oh-so-cool- attitude - Blues in Camps Bay.

Lancashire
reviews: 9
6. Re: Restaurant advice

We had a wonderful meal experience in Grande Provence Rest. just on the edge of Franschhoek . You can dine out in lovely courtyard garden, very romantic in the evening. Food was fantastic , cooked with passion and I'm not an easy person to satisfy there! We also dined in La Petite Ferme. Booked it 2 weeks ahead to ensure a place, we felt however that it was slightly overrated. there was 4 of us each eating different dishes however the quality was inconsistent. We left disappointed to be honest. Further afield we ate in Grande Roche rest. in Stellenbosch. Despite power cut they served most memorable meal, superb in every respect. To this day how they managed do it with no electricity I do not know

Lancashire
7. Re: Restaurant advice

silly me! Grande Roche is in PAARL.

County Durham, UK
reviews: 351
8. Re: Restaurant advice

Agree Bon Vivant & Grand Provence both recommended. We also ate at Reubens - excellent food but not such a romantic setting.

Le QF is ok but at twice the price of others not worth it.

Cape Town
9. Re: Restaurant advice

Don't wait with booking, it might be too late already

10. Re: Restaurant advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 20, 2009