We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion and Recommendations

Which Wildwood Crest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hoboken
Opinion and Recommendations

Help

We are considering a first time trip to Wildwood Crest.

Amd we are asking readers of this email for recommendations for hotels, motels that you would strongly suggest.

looking for nice clean hotel/motel, preferable wih a restaurant but not that important.

As seniors we just need to know that the rooms are clean and the beds are not like rocks

or lumps of coal

thanks for all help,

donald

NJ (of course!)
1. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

Eatout, I recommend the Shalimar Beach Resort. They are now reopen after a substantial remodel and it looks great! I stayed nearby but drove by it every day. The restaurants are within walking distance (Port Royal Grille, etc.) and the beach is across the street. Stay at Shalimar for sure!

new jersey
2. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

It depends on your budget. The Port Royale is a hotel, not a motel, so you'll have more privacy. It is on the ocean and has a great restaurant inside. The El Coronado is also very nice. The Shalimar, and places like it, are motels with the room entrances on the outside so it can be noisy and there isn't much privacy. However, it is a nice set up if you like to sit outside your room and chat with other people while having your morning coffee or evening cocktail.

North Jersey
reviews: 1
3. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

Like the previous reader said, dependig on your budget. If you want to be on the beach my recomendation is the Attache, it is nice and clean, 2 or 3 restaurants within a block. It is hard to get reservations there in season unless you book way in advance, but the Gondolier Motel is owned by the same people. I've found it is just as clean and neat and right next door on the beach but a little easier getting into.

carteret, new jersey
reviews: 3
4. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

We stayed at the El Coronado last year - paid alot to stay - I wouldn't recommend going back. The showers were cold, the rooms were smelly and the grills didn't work outside. You could never get a spot near the pool because people left towels on the lounge chairs all night and reserved them, which really isnt fair - it should be first come first serve - take the towels off and put them in the lost and found.

I'm trying the Reges Oceanfront Resort this year - I have read some good things about it - we will see.

north jersey
reviews: 4
5. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

Our family always stays at the Singapore motel. Its needs some updates but the locations is wonderful. The pool is heated and huge and its right on the beach. They also have a cafe that is very good. The Admiral is great for breakfest and just down the street (Atlantic Ave) is the Sand Castle resturant which is great food and well priced.

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 5
6. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

I would highly recommend the Adventurer Inn. It's own restaurant is not only good - it's GREAT (and very affordable)..with a very expansive menu and the nicest NICEST waiters/waitresses you will ever come across. ; -)

You will rarely need a car - the boardwalk begins steps away - but it's still quiet at night (it's not the busy end of the boardwalk) and from there you can get a tram car down to the busier end if you'd like too. The Adventurer has a nice pool (though small) but a fantastic sun-deck and the beds are very comfortable - rooms clean. My only complaint is the slow (slow) elevators. But I've yet to hear of any quick ones in all of Wildwood - so there you are. There are lots of restaurants around the Adventurer that are easily walked to.

pennsylvania
7. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

I never been to Wilwood always go to OC MD. People are telling me to stay at Astronaut Motel. Only going 4 weekend in Sept. Thanks jr2858@yahoo.com

Short Hills NJ
8. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

Point Pleasant Beach has a small town charm which is reflected by its beautiful beach and boardwalk and Manasquan Inlet, it is easy to reach just 55 mile from NY and Phili and with Great Adventure, The Lakewood Blue Claws, Wall Stadium and Red Bank within a reasonable drive! Who could possible want to drive anywhere else?

I find the Wildwood area to remote and isolated as is Long Beach Island. For me it is not just about the rides on the boardwalk but the entire area. Point Pleasant Beach is small a town, warm and safe. Great restaurants, Great fishing, Great Beach and Great People.

See you soon

NJ
9. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

shoretraveler????????????? read the forum topic, it says Wildwood Crest not point pleasant beach. daaaaaaaaaaaa

Short Hills NJ
10. Re: Opinion and Recommendations

Point Pleasant Beach is hands down a better town for a true Jersey Shore vacation

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest