We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shalimar Motel

Which Wildwood Crest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Haverstraw NY
Shalimar Motel

Anyone know if the renovations are completed on the Shalimar Motel. We were in Wildwood Crest over Memorial Day weekend it was not open and alot of work was going on. Thanks

Wildwood Crest, New...
1. Re: Shalimar Motel

They still haven't finished. They are currently notifying guests for this weekend that they will not be open yet

Philadelphia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Shalimar Motel

The Shalimar should just close for the season. They are a mess. They ruined many summer vacations so far. They are uncaring and mean people. Canceling our vacation the day before we are supposed to arrive. Not much notice at all. Offered to give back our deposits. Thanks...that does not really help. Try telling little children that they are not going to the beach after being promised for months. I think the Shalimar owes their former customers some form of compensation. How about a gift certificate to dinner or a room at the same price later in the season. We were offered nothing in return for our inconveniences. Nothing but a big fat sorry. I have stayed at the Shalimar for over 10 years and I would not give them business anymore if they paid me.

Dallas, PA
3. Re: Shalimar Motel

I'm very concerned reading what i've read about the Shalimar. My family is scheduled to be down there July 17th, and they won't even answer their phones or offer any information to me. I read on their website that they're expecting their occupancy permits July 10-14th (maybe), but i'm concerned that even if they get that, the stay will be horrible!

The worst part is that they won't answer the phone, you'd think they would forward calls to another number to address concerned customers (like me). I think my vacation is going to be wrecked! Does anyone else have any information on where things stand?

I'm assuming the chances of finding another motel on last minute notice in Wildwood is going to be difficult, especially late in July. Anyone have have thoughts?

tia

Lodi, New Jersey
4. Re: Shalimar Motel

Try contacting the Royal Canadian in Wildwood - I believe the owners of the Shalimar own the Royal Canadian as well. You might be able to get some help there.

While this is no consolation, the Shalimar looks to be coming out really nice - to me from the outside it looks like they're doing a great job with their renovation/addition. It seems like they're really trying to do the right thing with the place, which is commendable (especially in light of the excessive motel demolitions in The Wildwoods in recent times) - I'm sure they'd rather it was completed with the motel open and operating as well. All that said, I feel sorry for the displaced people due to the work on the Shalimar taking longer than originally planned.

Dallas, PA
5. Re: Shalimar Motel

Thanks for the information. I thought I would share the fact that I did get through to the Shalimar on their standard toll free number today and they advised they will be opening July 14th. We'll see what happens I guess.....

Dallas, PA
6. Re: Shalimar Motel

I stand corrected. The Shalimar called today and cancelled my reservation for Sunday since they will not be able to open, they didn't get their permit like they expected. At least they gave me a few days notice to find other accomodations and the vacation wasn't a loss.

I called the Sand Dune, and they graciously had a cancellation for the same time frame, guess I lucked out! I've heard great things about the Sand Dune here in the forums, so i'll post a followup when we return.

The folks at the Sand Dune indicated that the Shalimar is still a mess, and should just bag the season, instead of getting customers mad.

new jersey
7. Re: Shalimar Motel

This is all very rediculous and the owners should be taken to court. They could have been on the phone with their customers a bit earlier explaining the situation so as to allow them to attempt to secure at least a deposit at another location. Instead, most of these families lost out. I've been going there for at least ten years with a family group. We secure our rooms one year in advance, because we get eight of them. That's 8 families, all with children, who may not have a place to go. WE are supposed to be there on 7/30. They failed their 7/14 inspection. They have one this Wednesday. If they don't pass we haveno place to go. At this point, everything is booked. All of us took off from work. The least this place could have done was given us a heads up, but they are hedging their bets so as not to lose more money than they have to, at the expense of innocent people. I am so mad. WE will never go there again, and we will be sure to let as many people as possible know what selfish greedy bas.....ds these people are. It best be open that weekend.

NJ (of course!)
8. Re: Shalimar Motel

As of July 22 Shalimar is open I saw

Frederick, Maryland
reviews: 2
9. Re: Shalimar Motel

If you are planning a trip to the Shalimar, you would be very wise to have a back up plan.

I was planning to stay in one of their newly renovated townhouses with 5 friends. We happened to call the night before our intended stay and were told that the rooms were not finished and the hotel could not accommodate us. We requested that they contact local real estate agents to find us a similar place, since we did have a confirmation notice. Although they told us they thought they could do this, everytime we called they actually hung-up on us. Finally we spoke to a manager who told us she would take care of us and we got there and we had nowhere to stay!!

Extremely minimal help was offered and there was absolutely no remorse. This was one of those vacations you pray you never have.

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest