We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
the nest
How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

Thanks for any help. Thinking of next summer.

New Jersey
reviews: 40
1. Re: How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

To better answer this question I will need a little more information. The main question would be, what are you looking for in this vacation and who are you traveling with?

Morris County, NJ
reviews: 741
2. Re: How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

We have been to both and the Wildwood and Cape May area has a lot more to offer than Myrtle Beach.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 184
3. Re: How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

I have also been to both and I can't imagine what bwco is seeing. MB has far more to offer entertainment wise. More theathers and shows, more resturants, more golf, more shopping, more resorts and better weather for a much longer period of time. It's probably why MB sees way more visitors then Wildwood and Cape May.

New Jersey
reviews: 40
4. Re: How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

It really depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. As lenk58 mentioned, Myrtle Beach does offer more golf, resorts, and theaters, but if you are like me and don't really look for that on a beach vacation then Wildwood may be the way to go. The best way I can describe Wildwood is a modern day throwback to a traditional family beach vacation. The wooden boardwalk is huge and is filled with rides ranging from carousels to full sized roller coasters and even 3 water parks. These are all clean and have major upgrades each year. The beach has the softest sand you will find on the East Coast and the water is gentle (no steep drop off or shore break) and ideal for those with children. There are plenty of places to eat both in Wildwood and neighboring Cape May. There are no resorts but a variety of accommodations from fancy smaller hotels to traditional but updated motels. The whole town is home to enough vintage 1950's/60's architecture to make you think you are on the set of Happy Days. It's a unique experience well worth trying.

5. Re: How does this area compare to Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 18, 2014