We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A vacation with young kids

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 5
A vacation with young kids

Hello everybody,

Last week I started to consider a vacation in Wildwood after we had to cancel our plans for Virginia Beach …I have never been to Wildwood … so, it’s going to be me, my husband and my 2 children (3.5 and 2.5 years old) … I need a hotel / motel / condo ..whatever, by the beach (I can’t walk with the kids) and also close to the amusement parks or to the water park …

Can someone give me a hint about a good, decent and clean hotel, by the beach and by any toddler entertainment ?

Thank you in advance ! ! !

Scranton, PA
reviews: 1
21. Re: A vacation with young kids

I would advise Wildwood Crest over Wildwood with kids. Wildwood itself seems to be a little more rowdy, while the Crest is more quiet and family oriented. My only real gripe about the Wildwoods with kids is that the beaches are ridiculously WIDE. Its a very far trek from the beginning of the beach to the ocean....very tiring when you're lugging all of your stuff and you have kids in tow. I liked Ocean City NJ better than Wildwood for a family vacation, but OCNJ is a little pricey...we're heading to Ocean City MD this summer for a change.

Roselle Park, New...
reviews: 29
22. Re: A vacation with young kids

I disagree with above poster, it all depends on what you plan on doing in Wildwood. If you plan on doing the rides & waterparks alot and want to be near the action then i would say N. Wildwood. The crest is nice but not very convenient if you have to lug around kids, strollers, etc. and if you want to be at boardwalk constantly its not very easy especially if you dont feel like driving. I had went to Ocean City and although it was nice, I really missed the Wildwoods and thought they were so much better, much more to do & better food more reasonably priced.

North Wildwood
23. Re: A vacation with young kids

The Wildwoods, aka 5 Mile Island, contains 5 different municipalities, they include~ City of Wildwood proper, City of North Wildwood, Borough of Wildwood Crest, Borough of West Wildwood, Diamond Beach (Lower Township). Each one is special on it's own.

North Wildwood, until the beach replenishment begins (last I heard Fall '09) is ideal, if you don't want to walk what seems like a mile to the ocean.

North Wildwood is very family oriented, from 13th south it's a quick walk to the Boardwalk and the Tramcar, really ideal for families.

The Wildwoods encompasses several different genre, there's something for everyone within the 5 Mile Island.

North Wildwood and Wildwood Crest are more laid back, very family friendly. Wildwood has a more active night light.

It's your choice, you get whatever your desire in The Wildwoods.

24. Re: A vacation with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, November 04, 2009