We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best hotels in Wildwood

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, CA
What are the best hotels in Wildwood

I haven't been to Wildwood since the 70's when I was in high school. I'd like to go back to take my daughter to enjoy the boardwalk atmosphere and so far it has only been to Atlantic City. I recall the Wildwood boardwalk being the best for kids, even better than Ocean City. Can anyone post what the best hotels are in Wildwood, especially one that is near the pier with the waterpark. Thank You, Robert Burke, Irvine, CA

Pittsburgh, PA
1. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

While it is not near the piers, I highly recommend the Carribean Motel. It's in the Crest but just a block away from the boardwalk. You can always ride the tram car to the piers.

nj
2. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

We just got back last week from our yearly vacation to Wildwood. We've been going there for about 10 years. We always stayed at the El Coronado.

We won't being staying at El Coronado again. It was a nice place with very friendly service. Unfortunately, it was taken over by a condo association about 3 years and the service has gotten worse each year. We went back this year because we were told that all the rooms were completely renovated. That wasn't the case. The bathroom was renovated. Our bathroom sink was draining onto the floor. It took almost 4 days for them to finally send someone with tools to repair the sink. The couch had stains on it. My kids socks were brown from walking on the carpet. We had paint on the carpeting and all over the window of the sliding glass doors.

We wouldn't get towels until mid-afternoon sometimes. Most of the time some of them had clumps of hair on them from previous use.

They ran out of pillows. Like I said, the service has gotten worse.

Friends of ours stayed there and the air conditioning in their room was working their entire stay.

When I complained in writing I was offered a 10% discount on next year's stay.

We're not going back.

Philadelphia
reviews: 37
3. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

The Caribbean, hands down. Completely renovated in Doo Wop style by new owners who care. Nothing else like it.

pa
reviews: 38
4. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

didn't Gary and his wife own the Carribean? They seemes to us to really care about the place or were you talking of someone else????

Roselle Park, New...
reviews: 29
5. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

Yes I agree I think Wildwood is much better than Ocean City. I went to OC last year for the first time and was somewhat disappointed. The food cost more, and they only had one waterpark which was too far for us to walk so we never made it there. Wildwood is definitely the better choice for the kids and I will go nowhere else from now on. You may want to look at AAA Heart of Wildwood. It was so clean and its in the middle of the boardwalk so you can walk either way and you wont go out of your way too much

North Wildwood
6. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

crabcakes,

Gary Montelbano, sold the Caribbean a few years ago to very caring owners, they are totally restoring the motel. They've done a super job so far, with much more to come.

7. Re: What are the best hotels in Wildwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 20, 2009