We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

bideford n. devon
where to stay

can any one help please, we are looking to going to new jersey sparta next may, does any one know any where reasonable to stay, not too pricey , as for two weeks, and what is it like there, is there plenty to do

thanks angy

NJ
1. Re: where to stay

Sparta is in the nw corner of New Jersey.

Lake Hopatcong is nearby.

It is a suburban town.

The nearest hotels will probably be in Dover, Parsippany, and any along interstate highway I-80.

New Jersey
reviews: 68
2. Re: where to stay

There are mostly motels in that area. Don't know what you are looking to spend, but there is an EconoLodge (very basic) in Andover which should have reasonable rates. It is about 8 miles outside Sparta. I would stay away from Hopatcong if I were you. Inn at Panther Valley in Allamuchy, real nice place in a country setting, with a good restaurant and pub. It's about 12 miles away and runs about $109 for a Saturday night stay in a room in the main hotel, but offers more reasonable extended stay rates in their small cottage rooms which are not connected to the actual Inn. Thier website is http://www.panthervalleyinn.com/.

There is quite a bit to do in the area if you like the outdoors. There are several State parks in the Allamuchy area if you like hiking or biking or picnicing. The Crossings outlets are about 30 minutes west in Tannersville, Pennsylvania for good shopping. Also, Waterloo Village in Stanhope hosts many different activities on weekends in the spring. Anything from concerts to wine tastings and ethnic festivals. You can try the New Jersey travel site and check out the "Skylands" region.

Hope this helps. When you find out where you are staying and when, I can suggest specific activities and restaurants.

Ny
3. Re: where to stay

stay at the new holiday inn in newton

4. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sparta
Recent Conversations