We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
reviews: 37
Just returned

We just returned from a long weekend in Seaside Heights/Park. Great weather! Glad to see so much back up and running almost a year after Sandy. Still much work being done. A great job by all to prove that NJ is Stronger than the Storm!

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me.

Edited: 9:17 am, September 10, 2013
6 replies to this topic
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 5
1. Re: Just returned

It's good to hear, glad you had a good time.

CT
reviews: 13
2. Re: Just returned

I just heard on news there's a big fire on the boardwalk. Anyone local able to give an update?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Just returned

The south end of the boardwalk is engulfed in flames. It's a 6 alarm fire. They are having a very hard time containing it.

I'm watching the news with tears in my eyes. At least 19 businesses are lost and it looks like more will follow. God help my friends in Seaside!!!!!!!!!

NJ
reviews: 17
4. Re: Just returned

just talked to my friend who has a business, (thankfully 1/2 block South of the fire) it was out of control by 4:30 edt. Was just there last week, the place we had lunch is gone. Maruca's is gone. Bubba's is gone. all of the "old' boardwalk just went up in flames. Funtown pier had barely been touched so there wasn't much lost on the pier that was left. but many businesses are gone. understand, most of the sand under the boardwalk is gone so there is oxygen above and below to feed the fire. They are setting up a "firebreak' at Lincoln Ave. ripping out 20 ft wide swath of new boardwalk. basically six blocks are on fire. so sad

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Just returned

I'll have to assume our favorite bar (the beachcomber) will be lost also. Very sad thinking about the antique carousel being demolished. So many memories from my youth, up in flames.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 5
6. Re: Just returned

This is so sad, it's almost unbelievable. God help them!

Reply to: Just returned
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights