We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersey shore

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hesperia, California
reviews: 1
Jersey shore

Thinking about going to Jersey Shore in the begining of october. What is a good place to stay somewhere close to the boardwalk. I would like to visit the shore store where jersey shore from mtv worked. And if anywone knows the hours. i would also like to see other stuff but not sure what.. Should we went a car and what airport do i fly into.. HELP!!!! lol

5 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
1. Re: Jersey shore

October is the beginning of the Off Season, so I don't know what will be open. Sorry, I don't know anything about the MTV Show, so can't help with the store. And, yes, you will need a car and Philadelphia would be the nearest airport.

Freehold, New Jersey
reviews: 27
2. Re: Jersey shore

Where ever the cheapest place to fly from LA Area to NYC-Phl area

there's newark airport

Spirit flies into Atlantic City

and Frontier into Trenton (could be in October not )

lots of motels close to the board walk tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g46809-Seaside_Height…

you should rent a car

Work, Beach or...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Jersey shore

My first thought when I saw your post was "why fly all the way from California for that?" But hey, it's your time/money/vacation, and if that's what you want to do...go for it! Just please do yourself a favor and plan a few side trips - you will be within a two-hour drive to Philadelphia and New York, and even closer to Atlantic City. There's also an amazing Six Flags amusement park nearby (weekends only in Oct), and tons, tons TONS of other stuff to do. I get that you want the "Jersey Shore/Seaside experience", but it will probably only take one day to get that out of your system. Let us know what else you like (pro sports? clubbing? site seeing? shopping? deep sea fishing? spa treatments? gourmet dining?) and you will get plenty of good suggestions. It is a beautiful time of year to visit, the weather is still warm, but the crowds have died down.

Good luck, LuvBreezes

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 38
4. Re: Jersey shore

FWIW if the weather stays good, I think late Sept and most of Oct are the best times at the shore and I like Seaside. The bars and eateries on the boardwalk stay open then, as do the arcades and most of the other shops and amusements. There are no lifeguards then and you don't have to pay to get onto the beach.

Pjk

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
reviews: 37
5. Re: Jersey shore

Have to agree with Pjk. Weekend after labor day and beyond is the best time. Plenty to do and rates drop in half. I love the Jersey shores "2nd" season. Check out the Charlroy hotel for a real classic shore feel. It's not a fancy place but well kept.

Reply to: Jersey shore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights