We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside heights in December

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 2
Seaside heights in December

I am going with a group of my girlfriends to NYC in Early December, and we would really like to make a trip down to seaside heights.

We aren't sure what it will be like that time of year as it is Winter.

Is everything open, or do shops/clubs/bars close down around this time of year?

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
1. Re: Seaside heights in December

Yes, the boardwalk businesses will be shut down. How are you going to get there?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
2. Re: Seaside heights in December

Some of the bars (The Sawmill, e.g) are open year-round and there are a few arcades which stay open since they can heat the inside. None of the rides will be working, natch.

In year's past, if we got a nice day in December we'd take a ride down, walk on the beach a little, then hit the boards and a few bars and a slice of pizza.

Pjk

Sydney
3. Re: Seaside heights in December

Thank you : )

Not too sure, we haven't really planned that far yet!

What is the best way to get there from NYC?

Sydney
4. Re: Seaside heights in December

Thank you!

Actually sounds pretty nice!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
5. Re: Seaside heights in December

Someone else may have better information than I do on transportation to Seaside, but as far as I know buses run from NYC only in the summer. So, I think the way for you to get there in December is to rent a car.

Edited: 6:52 pm, April 19, 2012
6. Re: Seaside heights in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights