We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boardwalk stores

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 1
boardwalk stores

Hi

i am planning a trip to NYC on May 18-21 2012. I thought that i would come to the famous Seaside Heights boardwalk since my 17 year old daughter loves "jersey shore" Can anyone tell me if the stores are open at that time? if they aren't open, its not worth the time and effort of trying to arrange a trip from manhattan.....apparently its not that easy.

thanks

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
1. Re: boardwalk stores

By May many of the gift-shop type places will be open for T's, and bathing suits, cheap jewelry, sandles, etc.

Pjk

Edited: 8:21 pm, February 03, 2012
Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: boardwalk stores

do you know where the "shore store" is exactly?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
3. Re: boardwalk stores

Hide your credit card...

www.shorestore.com/…

Pjk

Doylestown, PA
reviews: 48
4. Re: boardwalk stores

If you have a car and are going to drive out of NYC, there are many lovely towns in that area. Many celebrities own homes in Middletown NJ and the town of Red Bank is great for shopping. Old red brick buildings line the streets, high end shops (there is a HUGE Tiffany's!) and it's all walkable.

Another lovely town closer toward Seaside is Point Pleasant. Beautiful older buildings, many antique shops here. Both have open central parking lots. Neighborhoods around here have the mansions of Wall Street. You'll see some phenomenal homes if you drive the back roads.

The most fantastically HUGE beach homes are in Deal. These towns are all very safe, BTW. It's where the rich live outside NYC. Seaside Heights I wouldn't bother. But if you like the show I guess it's worth a peek.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
5. Re: boardwalk stores

Since you will be in NYC for a short time, IMHO it would be a complete waste of time to go to Seaside Heights. As you have found out not very many people have a high opinion of the show and don't understand why it is so popular. And Seaside Heights is not a particularly nice place to visit nor is it easy to reach from NYC

If you really MUST visit the Jersey Shore, then take the train to someplace like Asbury Park or Pt. Pleasant Beach. At that time of year many shops, etc. on the boardwalks will be open on weekends.

But, again, I think you will barely have enough time to see the main sights in NYC within your short time period.

6. Re: boardwalk stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights