We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside in February?

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, Ohio, USA
reviews: 3
Seaside in February?

I'm planning a surprise getaway for my husband and myself in mid-February. I'm considering Seaside Heights, but don't want to be stuck inside freezing. What is the temperature like in February? Are there things to do in a beach town besides go to the beach? Also, will there be vendors, or is that only in the summer?

Thanks!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
reviews: 73
1. Re: Seaside in February?

Like everywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere, February is one of the coldest months. You can Google for the daily temperatures. Almost everything is closed.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
2. Re: Seaside in February?

January is generally 30 degrees or so. Today's forecast is for 55, tomorrow, 60 and Thursday the same. In the words of the immortal Bulllwinkle Moose...

"Eenie meenie, chilly beanie,

the spirits are about to speak."

i.e., there's no way to tell anymore.

Pjk

NYC
reviews: 5
3. Re: Seaside in February?

Like it was previously stated - EVERYTHING is closed. Head more south (about 1 hour from Seaside) to Atlantic City - I'm sure you will both have a better time

Doylestown, PA
reviews: 48
4. Re: Seaside in February?

Well, I wouldn't say "everything" is closed, just stuff on the boardwalk. I was in Red Bank last weekend, and Point Pleasant recently. Right now we are having a warmer than normal winter and walking on the beach (free in winter) has been great!

Point Pleasant is a lovely town near your location full of antique shops (my reason for going) and places to eat. So is Red Bank. Driving around the area you can see amazing mansions. Many celebrities live in Middletown (right across from NY). Deal is full of the Wall Street crowd.

Drive up to Sandy Hook and look at the NY skyline. Hubby works near there and saw whales spouting last week!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
5. Re: Seaside in February?

A few year's ago if we got weather like this right now, my friends and I would have driven to Seaside for a half day to walk on the beach a little and then the boardwalk. Several bars and even the arcades are open all year long.

Pjk

Doylestown, PA
6. Re: Seaside in February?

I'd go to Monmouth Beach. You can't get near the place in summer. No parking designed to keep out the riff raff. This time of year you can actually walk on their precious beach! They stop that come May.

There are shops along the beach and a concrete "boardwalk" along the ocean with some expensive restaurants. All open. Have lunch in The Reef Club right out over the ocean and live it up!

Doylestown, PA
7. Re: Seaside in February?

Sorry! Got mixed up there. It's the beach in Long Branch just south of Monmouth Beach where there are all the nice shops near the ocean. At the end of Laird Street near Garfield park.

Try McLoone's Pier House for lunch for a great view right on the beach.

It's reviewed on here with photos.

8. Re: Seaside in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights