We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VA
reviews: 6
Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Can someone please help me. I thought I had posted this earlier but I didn't see it any where.

My teenagers want to go to Jersey Shore for family vacation. they want to go where MTV Jersey Shore is. Is that is Seaside Heights? Where is there to stay? Is it like Atlantic City where you don't want to be off the boardwalk? I have read bad reviews of Seaside Heights. I have tried a search and am not getting the information I need.

Charlottesville
reviews: 155
11. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

It depends on what your daughter and her friend would like to do in Seaside. The weather in October would almost certainly be too cold for swimming in the ocean, but should otherwise be nice to sit on the beach and walk around. I think it's also too late to do a lot of the boardwalk stuff. I think most of the rides and carnival-type games close down for the season in September. But I think a lot of the bars and clubs and restaurants would still be open, particularly on any weekend in October. It just wouldn't be the same crazy scene that's so fun to gawk at in amazement that it can be on weekends in the summer. If their schedule is flexible, I would suggest going a little earlier - if they can do it one of the first couple of weekends after Labor Day, that might be better. I think the boardwalk stays open on the weekends (but are closed midweek) til mid or late September, which gives you a much better feel for what Seaside is like.

But sorry - I don't have any specific suggestions for hotels. I'd look at reviews on trip advisor carefully - some hotels look truly awful!

Pennsylvania
reviews: 1
12. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

The Charlroy Hotel in Seaside Park is decent. Right off beach & boardwalk.

Edited: 10:01 pm, June 07, 2011
Charlottesville
reviews: 155
13. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Seaside Heights in October really empties out - the crowds are gone and a lot of it is shut down, and so it's not nearly the same experience it is in the summer or even early September - but it still might be interesting for your daughter and her friend to check out for a night. The weather will obviously be too cold to go swimming (though there will be surfers with wet suits in the water), but it would probably be nice enough to spend time walking or sitting on the beach with a light weight jacket. The boardwalk area itself will be empty, and all the rides and carnival games will all be shut down. It will look like a ghost town. But you are still free to walk up and down the boardwalk and look at all the closed up shops and rides, which is still interesting to do (especially if your daughter is hoping to recognize things from the tv show). And some of the restaurants and bars will be open, both on the boardwalk and around town. But I would guess it would be hit or miss as to whether any specific places they'd want to go to would be open. But I would think there would be enough to do to occupy a night and to have a fun time.

Unfortunately I've never stayed in a hotel in Seaside Heights and so don't have any suggestions for you there. My family has always had a house or rental nearby. The hotels and motels in Seaside are generally a little sketchy and cheesy and run down, so I would just go through things like trip advisor reviews and use some discretion before making a reservation.

If they can't find a motel that looks good enough to stay in, they could also consider spending an afternoon/early evening in Seaside then driving on to their hotel in AC. It's only about an hour away.

Brick, New Jersey
14. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

If you are coming in Oct try Columbus Day weekend-there is a huge parade and street fair that lasts the entire weekend. The ride piers might be closed by then but the rest of the boardwalk will be up and running as long as its decent weather out. It's usually the last big weekend before much of the town shuts down for winter. At least with crowds around it wont seem so bleak. But most arcades and some restaurants are open year round anyway as long as the weather is OK.

-Just wanted to add that weekdays in July & Aug are usually good times to visit, more family type crowds and not at all like holiday weekends. Usually not to busy during the week. Theres also fireworks Wednesday nights too.

Edited: 11:29 pm, June 08, 2011
Lake Huntington...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

i've been going to seaside since i was about 9 years old. i'm still only a teenager and when they first started filming they were only really in the store they work in. the past two years there's not been any sight of them. mtv knows to stay out of it mostly. seaside is an amazing time for teenagers and adults. i'd say go for 3 nights, you'll have an amazing time. there's a lot to do and it's really not all annoying teenagers. there's way more then that. just because there's a popular tv show there doesn't mean it's all people and teens. it's a family area and it's an amazing place to vacation and have a great time.

Springfield, NJ
reviews: 5
16. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Sunrise Hotel is a nice, clean, family oriented hotel in Seaside.

We ALSO are going to Seaside Hts next week and have a place right across the street from the Jersey shore crew. Its not my idea of paradise but for my 16 yo daughter and her friends, this is as good as it gets. They plan on setting up lawn chairs and watching Pauly D and his crowd for the week.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 75
17. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Please don't let them hang out late. This incident happened over this past weekend:

http://www.app.com/article/20110705/NJNEWS/307050079/62-arrested-after-fights-Seaside-Heights-boardwalk?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

18. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights