We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VA
reviews: 6
Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Can someone please help me. I thought I had posted this earlier but I didn't see it any where.

My teenagers want to go to Jersey Shore for family vacation. they want to go where MTV Jersey Shore is. Is that is Seaside Heights? Where is there to stay? Is it like Atlantic City where you don't want to be off the boardwalk? I have read bad reviews of Seaside Heights. I have tried a search and am not getting the information I need.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

I would reccomend not going to Seaside because of Jersey Shore. Seaside is fine.

Edited: 9:28 am, January 19, 2011
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
2. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

When had you planned to go. Seaside Heights is great in the spring after it has warmed up a bit but even better in the fall after the season is over. It's still warm and the water is still warm enough to go swimming. It's too cold to swim in the spring. Summer's not bad, just crowded, esp on the weekends/

If you do this, I think it would be best to find something just a little south of Seaside so that you could spend one day at Island Beach State Park. It has a small entrance fee $5.00 -$6.00 / carload, and there are various places to park and walk. You can walk to the end and see the inlet and the lighthouse across the inlet.

Then you can spend some time at night on the boards, grazing. ("Boards" is Jersey-talk for the boardwalk, and "grazing" is going form place-to-place sampling different things. Pizza at Marucas, clams at Dentados, Italian sausage, etc). The Boards are generally where Snookie and The Situation go out at night.

hth

Pjk

Edited: 10:49 am, January 19, 2011
VA
reviews: 6
3. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

We were planning on going in July. We aren't going ONLY for the Jersey Shore people. we usually head to Florida but thought we would try something different.

Thanks Pjk for your info, are there any places you would recommend?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
4. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

I have relatives who have a house in Ortley Beach which is right next to Seaside Heights so I would stay there or just do a one-day trip, so nothing specific to suggest. But there is a restaurant called the Pier House at 2204 SW Central Ave., Seaside Park, just at the entrance to Island Beach State park. There are a few plaes to stay in that area that I think would be good. You have access to the boardwalk and beach, the state park, and the bayside.

If no-one can suggest anything, I take another look. There are fireworks off the boardwalk for the holiday, but otherwise it's very crowded that weekend. Almost anytime during weekdays is better.

hth

Pjk

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 37
5. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

I'd suggest searching VRBO 1st vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…seaside-heights for rentals & also contacting local realtors for rentals. If it's your 1st visit to the Jersey Shore, there are lots of towns each with their own 'flavor'. Are you set on Seaside?

IMHO, WildWood would probably be best for teenagers. The downside is that it's 3times over the horizon to get to the ocean from the boardwalk

edit: here is info on Island Beach State Park http://www.islandbeachnj.org/ don't be surprised to see a fox or more

Edited: 9:16 am, January 21, 2011
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
6. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

You might want to check out Point Pleasant. It has similar activities as Seaside without the sleeziness.

http://www.pointpleasantbeach.com/

Work, Beach or...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

I agree with SuzieQQ - stay in Point Pleasant, and take a side trip to Seaside to see what you are NOT missing. Once you've been there you'll be glad you're not staying! PP is a bit more family-friendly, definitely less sleazy and has plenty to offer.

Have fun, LuvBreezes

reviews: 23
8. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

Why would you even consider Seaside instead of Florida? I really think that you will be very disappointed.I live close to Seaside and we go to Florida every year for vacation. Most of the hotels in Seaside are terrible.there are a few good ones but not many. There are a couple in Seaside Park which is at the end of the boardwalk which were pretty decent a couple of years ago. There are also a few good ones a few blocks off of the boardwalk. Hope you find a decent and enjoy your vacation

Charlottesville
reviews: 155
9. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

I strongly second the suggestion to look at VRBO to rent a house or apartment for a week in one of the neighboring towns - Ortley or Lavalette, or maybe even Seaside Park, would be best. They are much nicer, despite only being a couple miles from Seaside, making it very easy to drive over for a couple hours to hit the boardwalk with all the carnival games and rides and great food. Seaside Heights is pretty sleazy! It's safe to walk around and all - don't get me wrong - but it's best taken in small doses at a time. Also the beaches in Lavalette and the surrounding towns are much nicer and more family oriented. And it'd also be easy to drive the couple miles down to Island Beach State Park to hit their beach for a day as well.

Texas
reviews: 2
10. Re: Please help Jersey Shore accomodations

How is it at Seaside Heights in October??? My daughter and her friend (late 20's) want to stop in for a night as a novelty of course. They will be heading to Atlantic City after that.

Any suggestions on a safe hotel for 1 night??

Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights