We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yardley, PA
reviews: 4
Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

Warning to people visiting Seaside Heights: Don't trust the parking meters! I put sufficient money in the meter to get seven hours of time and confirmed that the meter gave me seven hours. I returned after five hours to an expired meter and a $45 fine.

bohemia n.y.
11. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

bull----t. i reported a broken meter and they said it wasn't. they meter was definitly broken. its a revenue scam.

Morris County, NJ
reviews: 744
12. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

Having seen municipal courts in action, you do not have a chance. Sadly pay the fine and be glad they did not tow your car. Next year take your business somewhere else. Its a shame that the shore towns treat their visitors this way.

bohemia n.y.
13. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

exactly right.

about 25yrs ago mrytle beach had speed traps and red light traps all over the place.the word got out business suffered.the city fathers reigned in the police(some of whom still acted like they were still fighting the civil war)and things went back to a gentler atmoshere.seaside heights take note

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
14. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

My cousin is a municapl court attorny and has told me that in places like Seaside that the prosacuter probably dosn't want to be bothered with a trial for something so small so they will probably dismiss it.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 75
15. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

For as long as I can remember Seaside Heights has been known for this scam. I got a ticket there for an expired meter (I'm sure I parked for the legal time) at least 15 years ago.

Brick, NJ
reviews: 4
16. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

Just do what I do. Every single cell phone of today has video on it. Record yourself putting money into the meter and it does nothing. This way if you have to go to court, you have all the proof you need. Or use a the video cam to show the court. They will be OUT OF LUCK.

I do not like the new machines that you have to walk half a block to get to put money in. By that time, you may already have gotten a ticket. Real Curb Meters is what I still like. Or better yet, go to a private lot. Costs a bit more but better then $45 to $60.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 41
17. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

If you get a ticket for a broken meter and write a letter, it will take too long for the letter to get there for them to check the meter. The meters are checked when they are emptied and if they have too little money in them the meter guy will know what has happened and report it. But they will not go back 5 - 6 days to see if a ticket was written on that meter and cancel it. You must report a broken meter as soon as possible so that it can be checked hopefully the same day as your ticket.

Pjk

Dandridge, Tennessee
18. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

Seaside figures about $200,000 to $250,000 of their annual budget from the parking meters. Got it?

They count on it!

19. Re: Seaside Heights Traffic Meter Scams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, March 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights