We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

Which Princeton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashille
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

Hello all,

Our son is a Princeton student who can't go home for Thanksgiving, so we're going up next weekend and would like to take him out to a fun restaurant that's a bit off the beaten track.

Would love to find an old colonial inn with old-fashioned fare -- I know there are places like that down near DC, where we used to live, but we don't know the Princeton surroundings well. We don't mind a bit of a drive and would love it to be candlelit, homemade yeast rolls, turkey with dressing would be an plus!

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks very much ...

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

I wouldn't call it off the beaten track but I like Yankee Doodle Tap Room in The Nassau Inn.

Also check out the Peacock Inn.

Both are old landmarks in Princeton.

Edited: 1:02 pm, November 11, 2012
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

For a more colonial feel, try The Washington Crossing Inn, which is about 20 minutes from Princeton, on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River. http://www.washingtoncrossinginn.com/

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
29,641 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

I was thinking of the Washington Crossing Inn. If you go and the weather is nice, you can park on the Jersey side at the park and walk across the bridge. The Inn is one more block into Pa. Off to your left are a few barn-like structions where they keep the reproductions of the boats used by Washington to cross the Delaware before the battle of Trenton. These are used each year in a re-enactment of the crossing.

Pjk

Edited: 10:42 am, November 12, 2012
4. Re: Dining Colonial-Style Near Princeton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 27, 2013