We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to Parsippany Commute?

Which Parsippany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 36
NYC to Parsippany Commute?

I live in NYC and have a job opportunity in Parsippany. Do you think the commute would be bad? How early would I have to leave if I need to be there by 9am? Do you think taking the train/bus is a better option time and money wise? Thanks for any advice.

5 replies to this topic
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 15
1. Re: NYC to Parsippany Commute?

I don't know about train or bus but among other things you would need to post the exact address to see how to get there via public transit

If you're talkinag about driving, where in NYC do you live?

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
2. Re: NYC to Parsippany Commute?

The problem with a train or bus is getting from the station or bus stop to your job.

It isn't far to drive,(about 45 min.) but where in NYC? and where in Parsippany? major questions if driving...

Edited: 12:33 pm, April 22, 2014
port republic
reviews: 7
3. Re: NYC to Parsippany Commute?

a reverse commute by train should be relatively painless, the final shuttle to and from the nearest train station is the difficulty

NJ
reviews: 111
4. Re: NYC to Parsippany Commute?

I'd budget at least 1.5 hours even though you are doing the reverse commute. It's about 1 hour under ideal conditions.

Clinton, New Jersey
reviews: 78
5. Re: NYC to Parsippany Commute?

I'd give more than 90 minutes. Parsippany is in Morris County, it's not right over the river by any means. And it tends to have a LOT of local traffic.

Of course most people recommend just trying the drive, first in the least traffic possible.

I live about 20 miles east of NYC, and I'd only consider commuting to Staten Island, not the city. I used to go to Queens/Rockaway from where I live, and it was easily 2 hours in traffic.

Reply to: NYC to Parsippany Commute?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted