We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newtown, pa
Gold Coast

We come down several times a year and always stay in the deep south end (45th and above). We like the uncrowded beach for playing ball, the quiet and proximity to the Sandcastle playground. Over New Years, we stayed in the North End and really enjoyed it. For the first time, I am considering other locations for our week long stay in August (week of 8/18). I first considered the North End but it is really expensive and there is not much inventory. So, now I am looking at the gold coast. This area would work well for us b/c we could bike to the boards in the morning (we're big riders) and still be fairly close to the playground. My question is, how is the beach in this area? Is it crowded? My boys really like to play ball, throw a football in the surf, play wiffle ball back by the dunes, etc... None of these activities is a problem in the southend, even right in front of the lifeguards. Thanks for any advice. Jamie

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
1. Re: Gold Coast

Maybe just a little more crowded than the "deep south" as you put it (how ya'll doin down there?!) That week is probably going to be crowded anywhere.

As for the north end, I would say the beaches can get pretty crowded as far north as North St. (two blocks past where the boardwalk ends) but beyond there (the Gardens area) the beaches are seldom crowded...you could walk, bike, or even drive to this area (yes, there is parking along the dunes).

New Jersey
reviews: 21
2. Re: Gold Coast

Hi Jamie,

We recently sold a property in the Gold Coast and I will absolutely miss it. Not only are the beaches not that crowded but I find the whole area (approx between 23 and 30 to be much quieter than the congestion of down town and the 34th street area. I would dare say it's as quiet as the south end, but you have the advantage of being closer to the boardwalk, which is definitely walkable if you're in decent shape. Also, the vacation population drops quite a bit after the second week in August, as many college kids are heading back and even younger kids are involved in artiviities that start before school does. Enjoy!!!

3. Re: Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 28, 2009