We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach Island

Which Long Beach Township hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lansing, Michigan
reviews: 14
Long Beach Island

I've heard from friends about LBI and was wondering which of the towns (e.g. beach haven,beach haven crest) would be suited for us.

Family of 4, Mom, Pop, son 12 years old, daughter 7 yo. Grew up in NJ, spent many summer weekends in Seaside Hts but now live somewhere in the midWest. Taken the family to the Wildwoods, Atlantic City, Cape May , so am familiar with the Jersey Shore.

We would stay at most 3-4 nights, so renting may not be an option since have been googling rental agencies and seems that apt/condos/home rent for a full week. The kids need to do something besides shoveling sand. Husband not much of a water lover/sunbather but enjoyed the ocean at Wildwood Crest. I love the Jersey Shore, been to FL, HI, the French Riviera, Bermuda and of course several Great Lakes beaches, and always felt the ocean always felt home in NJ.

What accommodations and where can be had for Less than $300 a night...any family friendly, reasonably priced restaurants..activities for the children and adults.

CT
reviews: 13
1. Re: Long Beach Island

Joyzeegoyl, Welcome to Long Beach Island. As you may know, LBI is actually about 20 miles long, and consists of about 6 independent townships. Each has its own "atmosphere" also. Beach Haven has the most commercial development, and most activities for the kids, so I would start you search there. There are several motel/hotels to choose from, but I wouldn't wait much longer, as things are starting to book up. For the rate you want, check the Coral Seas motel-coralseasmotel.com. It is ocean front, has a pool, and is close to all activities. It is not very fancy, but has a reputation as being clean and comfortable. It does not have an onsite restaurant, but is close to many dining options. YOu may want to also check The Engleside Hotel, also ocean front, with pool and onsite dining. See reviews on this site, but not everything is listed here and reviews aren't all current. See www.lbi.net for a forum and links to island activities as well.

Activities include: Thundering Surf Water park, Fantasy Island Amusements, lots of mini golf, Surflight Theater has professional live theater, including childrens shows. Showplace Ice Cream Parlor has singing wait staff and should be included on your list. Your kids may want to try a surfing lesson, or go crabbing, or go on a bay cruise. Drive to the end of the island and climb Barneget Lighthouse.

Dining options are also varied: Barry's Do Me a Flavor is a local favorite for sandwiches, ice cream, very casual (not unusual to see lifeguards here with sand on their feet), Uncle Will's Pancake House for Bfast, Pearl St Market for a sandwich or breakfast to eat outside at tables, Tucker's for good, all around american cuisine. Harvey Cedars Clam Bar (but its in Beach Haven), for a clam bar with old time appeal (and one of Beach Haven's "characters-Nell" doing the shucking).

The Beach House Restaurant is just north of Beach Haven for clean fresh family friendly food. Cafe Baccio for yummy desserts, coffees, smores. the list could go on and on and on...depends on your interests and desires. If you take time to visit Barneget Lighthouse, Moustache Bills is a favorite up at that end of the island. there are also some more upscale choices if you desire.

Post again if you have questions after you do some more research.

Lansing, Michigan
reviews: 14
2. Re: Long Beach Island

thnx, yankeemom

this would be a vacation for summer 2009. i know prices go sky high and rental places are overpriced on the Jersey Shore during the summer considering there are other places (e.g. Orlando, Kiawah Island, Outerbanks, Bermuda, HI) to consider. I do my research early on and your info is much appreciated...