We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review for SkyView rentals

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
Review for SkyView rentals

I am looking at renting an apartment for a week for a trip i am taking with my family to New York. has anyone had experience with Sky View Rentals and specifically with the 70 Greene street apartments they rent?

Are short term rentals legal in Jersey, because they seem to not be in NY.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

I think if your main goal is to see new york you should stay in new york. There is plenty to see in new jersey here are a few links.

ww.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.capemay.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com\

www.shophaddonfieldnj.com/

www.funnewjersey.com/

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.destinationmontclair.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.exit82.com

www.findsomerville.com

www.discoversalemcounty.com

www.glasstownartsdistrict.com

www.gocentraljersey.com

www.historicsmithvillenj.com

www.tourism.visitmonmouth.com

www.morristown-nj.org

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

Salt Lake City, Utah
2. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

We're looking to stay in New york, but it's over St Patrick's Day, so prices are pretty high. That's why we're looking at this location in Jersey City.

Any info on this company or location?

We will be taking in a Red Bulls game in Jersey while we're there and exploring around a bit in Jersey City, but the primary focus is bringing my kids to see NYC.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
reviews: 36
3. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

I'm not sure of the legality of the short term rentals. 70 Greene St is in a safe area that's close to public transport.

To get to the Red Bulls game it's only a 15-20 min ride. I'd recommend that you head into the area early for the game (if you're talking about next weekend, kickoff is at 12:30pm, so get to Newark by 1030am or 11am.) Have a few beers and a quick bite to eat at one of the many bars in the area. The bars are usually packed with supporters and there's music and good times to be had. Some popular bars include: MMMBello's and El Pastor. From there, walk over to the stadium with everyone around 12 or 1215 pm - it's only a 10 min walk or so, and the atmosphere is usually pretty fun (flares / drums / smoke).

You might also want to look into the Hilton Newark as a potential option. It's mostly catered towards business, so the rates might be cheaper on a weekend. It's adjacent to the Newark PATH stop so you can be in NYC in about 20 mins. Good luck

Salt Lake City, Utah
4. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

AERULES...sigh.... not sure how you are an "expert" on the destination if you never really answer the questions...

shadowsjc, thanks for the info! Traveling with my wife and kids so we may or may not hit the bar before the match. We'll have to see what everyone's up for.

What I'd love to find is someone who would be interested in trading scarves (I'm an RSL fan) Any ideas?

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
5. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

Again there is more than New Jersey than cheap places to stay and a soccer team who can't acknowledge where they play. I have over 7,000 posts. I voulentter my time to do this. This is my equivelnt to face book.

Salt Lake City, Utah
6. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

So do you have an answer to my original question?

That's where I didn't find your response helpful. I'm not looking for a dissertation on the things there are to do in Jersey. We will have my 9 month old with so I'm sure we will be doing a lot close to where we stay in Jersey City.

But my question was whether or not any one had any experience with SkyView (a company who has properties in Jersey City)

I understand and appreciate that this is your Facebook, but the first two times I come on here, I don't get answers from you that are very helpful, just words telling me to do something else.

Can you understand how that is a bit un nerving?

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
reviews: 36
7. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

The two main supporters groups (Empire Soccer Club and Garden State Supporters) will be at the two bars I posted above before the game. I think that any one of them would be happy to trade scarves. I've seen fans from visiting teams partake in the festivities beforehand and the general mood towards them is cordial (unless you're a Union fan or worse...a DC fan). Also consider posting this in one of the RBNY soccer forums (search google for Metrofanatic - it's very active).

Please don't mind AERULES, I don't think he means anything personally. I have seen his posts in other threads and they are quite similar in nature. Hopefully going forward he can do without the chip on his shoulder in his responses to inquiries in this forum.

Houston TX
reviews: 76
8. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

so, BMBL, how did the trip to NYC go? I read the thread and would like to stay in Jersey City as you did, and travel into NYC. We stayed off Broadway last time and I would like to see another view. We loved Jersey...how did the rental go? was it legal?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
9. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

I too would love to know how it worked out

nyc
reviews: 2
10. Re: Review for SkyView rentals

short term rentals are legal in NJ in general and in jersey city too. actually short-term apt rentals CAN be legal in NYC too, but only if they are hosted: that is the owners are living there too(that is while you're staying there).

waterfront JC is a very safe mixed use hi-rise area: offices /residential. I am not familiar with sky-view rentals per se. try to find some reviews on vrbo/homeaway. but it's in a hi-end building, should be fine.

practically speaking JC waterfront is a boro of NYC - it's just one stop away from downtown/east village: PATH trains are just like a subway in manhattan, but you have to pay separately (can use subway card though too). lots of people who work in NYC live here, myself included.

you can look on trulia at properties by map: you can see what other units in your building look like. you can get a better feel that way. trulia lists mostly long-term rentals, but still it's helpful for orientation.

Edited: 1:57 pm, April 05, 2013