We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting New Jersey

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Visiting New Jersey

Hi everyone.

Me & my wife moved to NYC a year ago, now we're looking to move to NJ. WE'd like to visit some areas in NJ but we haven't been anywhere but Hoboken. What are the other places we can visit on a weekend by car near NYC that has good restaurants and also would like to see some real estate? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
1. Re: Visiting New Jersey

There are many places that you might consider, but how far are you willing to commute?

Princeton is a great place....a much longer commute, but at the shore is Spring Lake....

New York City, New...
2. Re: Visiting New Jersey

We don't want commute too far but will check those places thanks.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
3. Re: Visiting New Jersey

Could you be a little clearer....not too far can mean 15 minutes to one person and 2 hours to another....what do you consider "not too far"?

New York City, New...
4. Re: Visiting New Jersey

max 30mins

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
reviews: 73
5. Re: Visiting New Jersey

There is no such thing as a 30 minute commute to NYC. Well, there is, but you may as well stay put. You can't start saving significant money on real estate until you get to at least a 60 minute commute, and really, 90 minutes. Many NYC commuters live near me in Bucks County (60-90 minute commute from Trenton), or even in downtown Philadelphia (90-120 minute commute). Take a look at the New Jersey Transit web site (rail) for schedules. That will give you an idea of what is within 30 minutes by rail. Forget driving, but I hope you already knew that.

As SusieQQ said, Princeton is also an NYC commuter location, as are towns along the shore, such as Asbury Park.

Cape May, New Jersey
6. Re: Visiting New Jersey

You should visit the Cape May area great Victorian homes and 6 operating wineries.. I love it!!

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
7. Re: Visiting New Jersey

Dude this post is from March.

8. Re: Visiting New Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 24, 2014