We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liberty harbour rv park?

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Canada
reviews: 1
liberty harbour rv park?

Has anyone had any experience with this place? I have made reservations with them for April but it seemed a bit shady. I called several times over the last 2 weeks and never got an answer until yesterday. I made reservations but they said to call and confirm in Feb as I could get bumped out a larger party or something? I offered to put a deposit and they didnt want it yet, said they may require it if Feb or if sooner they will call? seemed really weird. Also from there can anyone tell me whats the best travel options to get to all the regular tourist spots? eg Rockeffeler, sol, times square, central park. Thanks in advance

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

have heard decent reveiws of the place. Out of the tourist attractions you mentioned only the Statue of Liberty is in Jersey City.

Woodstock, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

The reviews are few and far between! But I have seen some that are decent enough. Just a place to lay our heads! I realise that the attractions are not in the same area.I was wondering what the best method of travel would be to get to some of the attractions? PATH? ferry then walk? or another? thanks

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
3. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

The Ferry is the closest to the Park. There is also plenty to see in new Jersey as well. Here are a few links

www.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.capemay.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.myartmymillville.com

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.morristown-nj.org

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

niagara
reviews: 23
4. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

hi I would also like to stay here can you tell me what their rates are...thank you

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
5. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

I have no personal experience with the place but like you say, it does get generally good reviews. It really is just a place to put your head down as it's basically a huge asphalt parking Per their web site, and I believe it's accurate, I don't think you'll have any problems getting into NYC.

"Take a Tour Bus into Manhattan right from our front porch. The NY Waterway Ferry leaves from Liberty Harbor and runs Monday to Friday to Pier 11 at the foot of Wall Street."

"Or you can walk up Marin Blvd. 5 blocks to the Grove St. PATH subway station which can take you up to 33rd Street and 6th Avenue or to the World Trade Center Site."

The ferry is considerably more expensive than the PATH so depending on the number of people in your party, here's a link to their fares:

nywaterway.com/LbryHarMarin-Pier11WallStRout…

PATH is a subway system that travels between NJ and NYC and is not part of the NYC subways. Fares are 1.75 one way and it will have more frequent service than the ferry except maybe during rush hours. It also goes to more places, here's a map of the PATH www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

PATH is probably more convenient in terms of getting where you want to go (Rockefeler Center, Times Square, Central Park, etc) since it can take you as far as 33rd St. If the weather is nice, it's a nice walk from there north to those destinations, But really, you can also take the NYC subway from Wall Street and it won't be a problem at all.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 22
6. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

We stayed there on the tent side and I can recommend the place if you just want a place to sleep. It is very convinient. You can take the ferry or Path and will be in the financial district of Manhattan in 15 min. (world trade center). We rented bycicles in Jersey City and took them to NYC - much better and cheaper than across the Hudson.

Get breakfast at the corner store two blocks away in an appartment building - awesome sandwiches!!

Rates: 50 $ for a camp site, 75 $ for RVs. Not cheap but try to find something for this price in NYC...

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
7. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

Thanks for posting that update, Anja

Helensvale...
8. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

We have stayed there April 2011 and April 2012,we had an RV so the facilities didnt worry us to much because we had everything in the RV, showers and toilets leave a little to be desired but that was fine, tourist bus will pick you up at gate,if you want to go by subway it is a 10 minute walk or catch the ferry right in front of RV park,the position is perfect, their communication is terrible but I must say, great location,the next RV park is about one and half hours out of New York so you cant beat it,its expensive compaired to other park that we stayed,we paid about $80 per night,to see New York and other places such as the ones you mention,its perfect,book early.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
reviews: 73
9. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

They may not have responded due to Hurricane Sandy. The location is near Hoboken, and as you may have seen on the news, there were a lot of problems in the area.

10. Re: liberty harbour rv park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 20, 2013