We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 2
Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a hotel that offers long term parking. I'm leaving on a cruise from Cape Liberty & hoping to save some money...the ports charge about $20/day, but I was told that some hotels offer free/cheaper alternatives.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

I would look into parking by the airport. Taxi across the bay bridge to the cruise port.

Lynchburg, Virginia
reviews: 59
2. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

I am considering the following hotel options:

Best Western Newark Airport ~$160, 10 day parking + ~9.00/day and 2 transfers to and from the ship

Courtyard Newark airport, ~$140, 10 day parking + ~$10/day no transfer

Residence Inn Newark Airport, two night stay required, no transfer

Wyndham Garden Newark, $~100, 14 day parking, no transfer

There are couple of others which i have ruled out because they do not offer multiple beds :

Fairfield Inn

Country Inn and suites

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

I prefer the Wyndahm. I have sevral freinds that work there.

New York City, New...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

If you go to the Country Inn & Suites Newark Airport's own web site, you'll see that it shows that rooms with either 1 king bed or 2 queen beds are still available for the night of December 19 (I'm assuming you don't want to do the 2-night minimum stay required by the Residence Inn). The Country Inn has both a Park-and-Stay package -- and even better for you, a Sleep-and-Cruise package that includes round-trip transportation between the hotel and Cape Liberty, with 8 nights of parking available for an extra $35.

You'll need to call the hotel to find out how much they'll charge for (a) 2 more transfers to/from Cape Liberty because the Sleep-and-Cruise rate covers that service for 2 people/room, and (b) 2 more nights of parking if you need 10 nights instead of 8. The Sleep-and-Cruise rate for 4 people in a room with 2 queen beds + 2 roundtrip Cape Liberty transfers is $165. So, your total cost there may well be cheaper than the Best Western, and I think the Country Inn is a notch above that BW.

http://www.countryinns.com/hotels/njnewark

Depending on what prices you're quoted for cab or private car service, round-trip transportation between the hotel & the cruiseport [see my comments in your NYC forum thread from yesterday], the Wyndham may or may not be the least expensive overall. But either it or the Country Inn & Suites would seem to be your best choices.

Edited: 1:06 pm, December 08, 2009
Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

Thanks everyone :)

I am driving in from Toronto, and appreciate the advice.

6. Re: Cruising from Cape Liberty...need hotel & long term parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 09, 2010