We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Hoboken

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 28
JFK to Hoboken

Hi folks,

I'm looking for transportation from JFK to my friend's apartment in Hoboken. Does anyone have experience with a reliable service?

Thanks!!

s

8 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: JFK to Hoboken

I would seriously consider changing your flight to Newark.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
2. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Thanks AERULES, but that's not possible or convenient for me.

I'm flying from Munich. The flights that go into Newark leave Munich in the early morning, requiring me to stay overnight near Munich before the flight -- which is a hassle and would cost about $100.

So, I am applying that $100 to transportation.

Let me know if you know of any reliable car service --

Thanks!

s

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 89
3. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Check your post on the New York City forum...there are some car service suggestions...I think it would be best to ask your friend since he/she should know local car services.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 15
4. Re: JFK to Hoboken

The regularly recommended services are:

www.dial7.com

www.carmellimo.com

/www.allstatelimo.com

It will cost around $150 including tolls & tip, maybe a bit less

You can also do this via public transit pretty cheaply if you don't have too much luggage and don't mind making a few transfers and it will take 90 - 120 min

JFK Airtain --> Jamaca Station --> E subway train to Penn station (33rd st)

Then exit Penn Station and go to the PATH station, basically next door and take that to Hoboken

Where, exactly, does your freind live in Hoboken? There are taxis at the Hobokens station as well as good bus service along Washington Avenue

JFK Airtain www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html

PATH www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

If you do the public transit route please double check my directions on the NYC forum as they may suggest a slightly different route

You can also do this via pu

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
5. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Thanks MaryGo3! Yes, I'll try those car service suggestions. I don't want to ask my friend because I don't want her to try to pay for it (she's already tried to pay!). It was my decision to take the later flight and land at JFK instead of Newark, so it's my place to pay for it.

Thanks LivesinNewJersey! The costs I'm seeing around around $80 - $90 (carmellimo), so I'm interested to know if those are accurate, or if it really will be $150. None of the services say that tolls will be extra, so if I need to add them in, please do let me know.

I really appreciate your directions for the public transport, but I'm not comfortable doing that. I'll be arriving at 20.00 after a long international flight; I'll be tired and disoriented, and, yup, I'll have a big suitcase. I'm a woman travelling alone. I routinely use trains and busses in Germany, Switzerland, and France -- but I am less confident about doing that in NYC. I kind of just want to get my suitcase into a safe car and then collapse until I get to my friend's doorstep.

Thanks again!

s

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
6. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Tolls are extra and you pay both ways (eg, they will charge you the toll to get from NJ back into NYC even though your trip goes from NYC to NJ which has no toll). When getting a quote always ask them for the total cost including tolls so you won't be surprised. My 150 estimate is probably a bit high but includes a tip

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
7. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Thanks everyone!

I chose to go with Carmel Limo, and the total charges are $135, including toll and gratuity; that's just about what a hotel night plus dinner away would have cost.

s

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
8. Re: JFK to Hoboken

Thanks for letting us know

Reply to: JFK to Hoboken
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted