We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few hours in Hoboken ?

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 53
Few hours in Hoboken ?

Hi,

We will be heading to a Devils game in April. We're staying in NYC and thought about going over a few hours early for a bit of a looksee and a late lunch. Just wondering if people think a few hours would be best in Hoboken or Newark. I thought we could catch the ferry across and then get the train into Newark for the game.

Cheers

4 replies to this topic
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 16
1. Re: Few hours in Hoboken ?

Hoboken has a LOT of charm and is extremely walkable (including some spectacular views of Manhattan), much more than Newark, but I don't know how to get to the Devils game from there, though I'm sure you can. I will leave it to others who know that aspect of public transit to give you directions

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
2. Re: Few hours in Hoboken ?

IMO Hoboken has become another part of NYC in recent years. I would reccomend Newark. There is a great section called the ironbound. There is also the Newark meusem as well as the NJ hall of fame. here are a few links

www.visitnj.org

www.gonewark.com

www.goironbound.com

Edited: 4:19 pm, January 13, 2014
Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 53
3. Re: Few hours in Hoboken ?

Thanks guys.

Wow I was looking through the forum posts and saw all that stuff about Carlos Bakery. Man that Cake Boss is a show that does my head in. The only person I ever associated with Hoboken was the Chairman of the Board, Ol' Blue Eyes.

4. Re: Few hours in Hoboken ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:42 pm, January 13, 2014

Reply to: Few hours in Hoboken ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted