We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go to Carlos Bakery

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 6
When to go to Carlos Bakery

Hello. Me and my sister are travelling from England to go to new york and want to go to the shop. We go mid may, is that a busy time? What day and time is best to go when the queues are arent long? Also, can I expect to see any of the family there? Thanks guys.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

queues? I'm not that familiar with the shop or the or the people who run it but I have heard that the food is not that good

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 16
2. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

I am guessing but I'd go mid-week and no, I don't think you'll see any of the family there

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
3. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

If you put Carlo's Bakery in Search you will get a lot of discussions on this.

Those of us who are not fans of the show would have no reason to shop there since we probably have a favorite bakery in our own neighborhood.

We don't consider Carlo's a New Jersey Tourist Attraction.

But, to answer you question, I would think that being there when it opens would lessen the chances of a long line...I've also read that if you order something on-line before going that you can skip to the head of that line.

Enjoy the experience and please post a report.

Edited: 12:05 pm, February 25, 2013
Manitoba
reviews: 1
4. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

I have a difference of opinion on Carlos Bakery. I was there last spring and we went mid morning and there was no line up but a local told me we just hit it lucky. There is a line up a block long daily. We purchased a few goodies and they were fantastic, especially the cupcakes. And yes we did see some of the family (buddies two sisters). They came out and greeted everyone and I even got my pic taken with them. Very down to earth and friendly people. Even if you are in a line up it is worth it! I would consider this a main attraction in Hoboken! We took a taxi (not that far from Manhatten) to Carlos Bakery and then took the train under the Hudson River back. What a great experience. Can't wait to go back this year! Enjoy!!

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
5. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

dude thiw post is from February

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 77
6. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

Neaneronabun, I'm sorry but I don't understand why you posted this? You have been on TA for sometime, but never posted before. Why post for the first on an old thread about a place that is not a tourist attraction and doesn't have very good products. Just seems rather strange.

But, that being said, I'm glad you enjoyed your little visit. When you come back to New Jersey we can give you some recommendations for really GOOD bakeries. Just let us know when you are coming.

Edited: 5:47 pm, May 07, 2013
7. Re: When to go to Carlos Bakery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, May 21, 2014