We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sights in Hoboken

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, WA
reviews: 11
Sights in Hoboken

Okay, this is not a question about "the cake boss" so you can give a sigh of relief...although we may just walk by for a photo and that's about it. I am originally from NJ but have not been to Hoboken since it had a total transformation years and years ago. My kids 12 and 19 are interested and would love if someone could give me some places that would be of interests. Maybe the street where Sinatra grew up? or anything else that would be fun to explore. My kids do find my Italian heritage very interesting. Would also love some good recommendations for an Italian Restaurants. I am sure they are abundant in Hoboken which is why I am asking for some options.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
1. Re: Sights in Hoboken

Hoboken has enourmous charm now, and indeed, I'm glad you aren't asking about the Cake Boss!

Assuming you'll be in NYC, just hop on the PATH train to Hoboken http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps.html and when you get out, start walking down Washington Avenue (and you'll pass Cake Boss). You will pass LOTS of places to eat -- you'll be amazed. Here's a map http://tinyurl.com/83p7qmj

and if you head over to the Stevens Institute (there's a link for it on the map) you'll get a spectacular view of Manhattan

Washington Ave is only about 11 blocks so you can walk the entire thing and it only gets lovlier the further you go.

I can't help you with the Italian heritage part nor any particular restaraunt, but if you're looking for pizza then Benny Tudino's is locally famous and has the biggest slice anywhere yelp.com/biz/benny-tudinos-pizzeria-hoboken

nyc
reviews: 76
2. Re: Sights in Hoboken

Hey Jersey Girl

Not sure when you will be coming in but the Feast of St. Ann is at the end of July and the Italian American Festival is in Sept. ( I think the St Anns feast is too loud crowded and hot).

Sitting on Washington St in the summer is fun people watching and gives out of towners a sense of Hoboken life. For italian food thats reasonably priced there is Margherita's Cafe, Cafe Michelina, Napolis Pizza, Grimaldis Pizza. All are sit down cafes with real food- not slices on paper plates.

Frankly though if you are coming to Hoboken you should eat fresh mozzarella or at least bring some home. A great spot for a mozzarella sandwich is Vitos Deli on Washington.

Buy some chocolates at Lepores on Fourth St, Go to the Threads, a tee shirt shop on First St. If they are brainy types consider the Hoboken Historic Museum.

Edited: 9:49 am, June 14, 2012
Medina, WA
reviews: 11
3. Re: Sights in Hoboken

Appreciate the responses. Both were very helpful. I think just walking the streets of Washington and having good Italian food will be good enough for me. My parents used to take us to Leo's Restaurant every so often and it appears they are still in business. That is good to hear. How is the food over there? Just curious. I moved to the west coast and they are no Italians out here that know how to cook anything Italian so really looking forward to good pizza and pastries. Anyway, we are going next week so we will UNFORTUNATELY miss the feasts. Would have loved to experience one of those again. Thank you for the info on the path train. This is all great info.

4. Re: Sights in Hoboken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 pm, June 20, 2013