We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoboken during Fleet Week

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 58
Hoboken during Fleet Week

How is Hoboken during Fleet Week? I'm planning to go there this weekend but if parking is going to be an extra hassle then I may change my mind.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

I dont think hobken has a fleet week

New Jersey
2. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

Thanks. I know Hoboken doesn't have a Fleet Week. It's across the Hudson in Manhattan. I was simply wondering if Hoboken gets any busier during this week.

Edited: 12:56 am, May 25, 2012
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

Probly not

nyc
reviews: 76
4. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

You're not going to see a lot of service people walking around Hoboken. I live there and I saw maybe a dozen during the week in uniform.

Now I'm pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong but Navy personnel are not allowed to drink in uniform, so even if the sailors on liberty were in Hoboken you wouldn't notice them anyway.

But there are no ceremonies in Hoboken for Fleet Week. Hoboken however is a great place to come see the parade of ships the morning they come in.

Edited: 9:29 am, June 14, 2012
New Jersey
5. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

Thanks for the info. I was just trying to gauge whether or not parking was going to be more of a pain during that weekend. Looking for parking on Saturday nights and Sunday brunches has never been fun. The reason I didn't head into the city was to avoid the extra congestion from Fleet Week. I wound up heading there for brunch on Memorial Day and enjoyed a stroll along the Hudson by Pier C Park with my family.

nyc
reviews: 76
6. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

I would consider Fleet Week to be a minor attraction relative to Broadway or the Rock Center Christmas tree. Parking shouldn't be a bigger problem than normal.

7. Re: Hoboken during Fleet Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 15, 2013