We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Terrace, Canada
reviews: 5
Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

We are flying into Newark Oct 5th at 6:30am, we thought that if we were going to check out Carlo's bakery this would be the time.

Is it difficult to get there from Newark airport? I was checking out the path train and was wondering if this is the best bet, going to the Hoboken stop. If we do this can we store our luggage while we go to the bakery?? Then can we head into Manhattan from here or would we be better taking a cab? there are 4 of us.

We like the show and thought it would be kind of fun to check things out...I'm sure hoping that this time of the day during the week there won't be much of a line!

Thanks!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
1. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

Without luggage PATH would be an excellent way to do this as Carlos' is not far from the Hoboken PATH station. I don't know if there's any way to check your luggage at the Hoboken station, but I doubt it. That station is oriented to commuters, not long distance travelers

I would skip it . In a later part of your trip you can always take PATH from NYC to Hoboken -- it's very easy

Wilkes-Barre...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

He has a bakery in Discover Times Square which is easier to get to. You do not have to view the exhibits to go to the bakery which hours are everyday 11am to 630pm.

Here was my blog post on seeing his live show which was great!!

nycstylelittlecannoli.com/2010/06/cake-decor…

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
3. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

Re the bakery in the Discovery Center, I saw it when I went to an exhibit there and my only comment is that the experience will be totally different than going to his bakery in Hoboken. TIf you picture what it would be like if he had a branch in an airport it would be close.

Terrace, Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

We did end up storing our luggage at our hotel and then heading back to Hoboken on the PATH train (which was really easy). It was a short walk to the bakery...we did have to ask directions a couple of time but everyone was so helpful!

I'm so glad that we did it, it was fun to see the actual bakery that we've seen on the show so much!

toronto
5. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

Hi

We are going to new york next month and wanted to do the same as you. How did you end up getting from the newark airport to your hotel? Also, was there a long wait at the bakery?

Grand Bank
6. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

HI, we are also travelling to newark airport 08/27/12 with a 4 hour stop over before heading to orlando. We're wondering if we have time to take a cab to carlos bakery, we're coming from canada so will have to clear customs in that 4 hour time frame as well. It will be around noon that we would be going to the store so thinking that there may be quite a lineup at that time, this will be a Monday. Does anyone have any info as to whether this is a possibility. I have an 11 yr old who is the ultimate cake boss fan and this would definitely be a dream come true for her.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
7. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

Dude this post is from september. that is not enough time epecialy if you have to clear customs. Plus from what I hear there are better places to grab cupcakes than carlos.

Edited: 4:07 am, July 24, 2012
8. Re: Getting to Carlo's Bakery from Newark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, March 11, 2014