We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

Which East Rutherford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
reviews: 118
Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

We are considering one of these two hotels for an upcoming stay. Is there anything within walking distance (dining, shopping etc)?

Otherwise we might opt for the Courtyard Secaucus.

Access to NYC by bus also important to us.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

Nope. If your main goal is to see NYC stay in NYC.

New England
2. Re: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

Of course if we had the choice we would stay in NYC, but we have Marriott points that mean our room will be free. Last year we stayed in Secaucus and were at the Port Authority in under 20 minutes. Very easy to say "Stay in NYC" if one is not paying the hotel and parking bill!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 63
3. Re: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

Since you have Marriott points for a free room, have you tried to use them in Manhattan? Or are there restrictions on where they can be used?

If you would like to try to find something in NYC, then go to the Trip Advisor New York City forum. They are very helpful in finding inexpensive lodging. You need to give them the exact dates, # of beds needed and price you are willing to pay.

To find out what restaurants and stores are within walking distance of hotels you are considering, go to Google Maps and enter the address. Then click on Search Nearby and enter either restaurants or stores. You will then be able to see what is in the area.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 14
4. Re: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

Though I'm not really familiar with those areas, when I have driven around there (on my way to something else) my general impression is that there's nothing else around other than maybe some chain restaurants and I would not even know if they are walking distance. Nothing like what you find in Secaucus. If you look at it on a map, like this http://mapq.st/Jw9Up4 , you'll see that it's on a strip with nothing right nearby and if you continue up Patterson it appears to be largely residential with some light industry

But as I say, I don't know the area first hand. I'd go with Secaucus

New England
5. Re: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area

I think we will go with Secaucus. Thanks for the suggestions on staying in Manhattan, but right now we just have enough point to stay in NJ. For a later trip we should have enough points to stay in Manhattan. Last time we stayed at a Fairfield Inn on West 28th and it was perfect for us and quite comfortable.

Edited: 6:09 pm, January 02, 2014
Reply to: Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted