We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion August 2007

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castle Rock...
reviews: 13
Family Reunion August 2007

I wonder if any one can recommend an accomodation which could offer two families a comfortable stay on or really near the beach? There would be eight or ten of us. It would need to have kitchen facilities of not huge proportions and four bedrooms. One or two in our party are somewhat allergic to pets, so a non-pet situation would be preferred, as well as non-smoking. We'd be looking at the first week of August of 2007. Also, what's the nearest larger airport as some of would come from Chicago and Denver. Also, is there a deep-sea fishing charter that can be recommended? Thanks !

New Jersey
reviews: 20
1. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

Unfortunately, I can not make a personal recommendation for accommodations for you. However, if you type "Cape May Rentals" in to your search engine - you'll find a lot of great information. There's "Cape May Times" and "vacationrentals.com" just to name a few. Also, the Chamber of Commerce may be able to assist you.

I believe the most convenient airport would be Philadelphia International.

Also, for deep sea fishing, try this link:

www.capemaytimes.com/fishing/charter.htm

Hope this helps a bit.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
reviews: 134
2. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

We just rented a condo on Pittsburgh Ave last week. I found my condo on the Cape May Times website. Also, check Cape May Realty for rentals. While my condo was adequate and about 5 blocks from the beach I cannot recommend it. What I can give you for advice is to find a private house to rent with the amount of people in your party. If you go through a Realtors site, ask about the location. Is it on a busy street? Is it near the busy Washington Mall section of town. We were awoken at all times of night by the traffic going by our condo. We were on the first floor and had people walking above us in the upstairs condo. We were awaken by them sometimes at 3:30 am. almost every night. I never thought about that happening. Just ask a lot of questions about location and noice level. There are a lot of beautiful homes to rent and you will find them on the Cape May sites if you Google it. As far as activities we loved going to the beach. We also went on the high speed boat Thunder Cat 2 to see dolphins. It was great. You have to go over to Morey's Piers in Wildwood. The kids will love the amusement park on the piers. They had a Tuesday special. Five hours for 19.00. The kids had a blast. We paid for a family of four 3 hour special for the waterpark Raging Waters on another day. It got very, very crowded. We left after 2 hours. That was enough, believe me. Bring some kites because the beach is great for that. There are plenty of shops, arcades, minature golf, and ice cream shops in Cape May. Once you visit Wildwood, you will be glad you are staying in Cape May. Can you say concrete city built up to the max. It was unbelievable like that. Cape May is more relaxing. Go out to the lighthouse and Sunset Beach. That was nice. Bring some boogie boards if you are driving there. Also, groceries are expensive. I shopped at home and brought a lot with us. I'm glad I did. Have a great time and remember to ask lots of questions about your location. Oh, and bring lots of quarters. Just about where ever you park has a meter. One of the most important details, if you are driving is to leave extremely early! It took us 8 1/2 hours to drive 370 miles to Cape May. The traffic going down was horrendous and bumper to bumper almost the whole way from MA to NJ. We met people down there from our area who recommended leaving and going down on Friday to avoid the traffic. It was really tedious driving 30 mph most of the way south of Newark, NJ. When we left Cape May we left by 6:00 am. Easy drive on the way back. CT can be awful. Have fun!!!!!

Cape May, New Jersey
reviews: 3
3. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

Hi:

You might want to try Summer Station, 609-884-8800. They have 2 bedroom condos that are rented as hotel rooms. They are directly across from the beach and have a pool. The Sandpiper is also a good choice. They are new renovated and are also one or two bedroom condos. I don't have their number, but they are part of the congress Hall properties, so if you get Congress Hall's reservations number they can help you. You can also try the Atlas Inn on the east end of the island. Also beachfront it is a quieter location and has complimentary full hot breakfast each morning. None of the above hotels accept pets and also have non smoking rooms/floors. The nearest airport is Philadelphia for most major carriers, though, Atlantic city, which is also only one hour away also as connections to major carriers or direct service. Cape may is wonderful for a family reunion. Besides the beach there are plenty of tours, in season a trolley that runs to and from the center of town. The lighthouse, Sunset Beach, Sunken concrete ship and some World War 2 bunkers. Wildwood is about 7 miles away and offers waterpark and amusements. All in all it will be a fun trip. Contact the Cape May Chamber of commerce, 609-884-5508. They will send you a welcome packet with lots of information.

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 3
4. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

For fishing charters, try the Miss Andrea (don't have their website but maybe you can Google them)

For headboats, the Miss Chris 8 hour boat is the one to try - if they cannot put you on fish, then the fish are not biting anywhere that day.

stamford,ct
reviews: 10
5. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

Hi,

You might want to look into house or condo rentals. My family of 4 used to travel to Cape may yearly and stay at a hotel or motor inn. When my extended family had listened to us rave about Cape May for a few years, they all decided to come along. I can't tell you how much fun we have all had when we share a large rental home together. The cost may sound like a lot, but when you consider the fact that most hotels/motels charge extra for the kids and extra for weekend nights, plus the fact that you can eat as many meals as you want to at home in

a nice rental kitchen, it really can be less expensive. We have stayed at 2 really great homes . It is so nice to have room to move around and

relax even if the weather is bad. Just be sure to have enough bathrooms!

6. Re: Family Reunion August 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 18, 2009