We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale and dolphin watching tour and some questions....

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whale and dolphin watching tour and some questions....

Hello,

We are going to spend a day in Cape May / albert Stevens Inn next august.

We are interested in a dolphin tour, salt marsh safari or similar ...can anybody recommend a special tour and where do they start? Its our sons 16.th birthday and we would like to make it special:)

Furthermore..... Any suggestions for a nice open air , not too formal restaurant with a nice atmosphere? If possible in walking distance from albert stevens inn?

Thanks for your help

Flosse

modernphoenixv2
reviews: 52
11. Re: Whale and dolphin watching tour and some questions....

Wow... I can on to answer the question, but I think the previous posters gave you great info.

Ben

Gibbstown, New...
reviews: 36
12. Re: Whale and dolphin watching tour and some questions....

Check the websites out for The Spirit of Cape May and Birding By Boat on the Osprey.

I've been on The Spirit for a sunset dolphin watch cruise on a night they offered free pizza and hot dogs. You can take your own drinks and snacks aboard if you wish, in a small duffle bag or back pack. We took drinks and enjoyed the free pizza and hot dogs. They also offer prime rib sit down dinner. There are printable coupons available on-line. all the info is on their website. I highly recommend it, especially if oceans are calm or you are an experienced boat person who handles the seas. I am not an experienced boater but enjoyed the evening cruise tremendously--had we not seen any dolphins, which we did, I still would've enjoyed the fresh air, the sunset views and the relaxing sail. The Spirit and their other boat both sail from the Miss Chris Marina on Wilson Ave. in Cape May near the harbor. They usually go out 3 times a day...morning, afternoon and evening. The whale watch cruise is 3 hours and goes further out to sea, the dolphin watch is 2 hours.

Birding By Boat on the Osprey is a marsh water sailing with the main goal being birding. Captain Bob Lubberman is the Captain and he's a great host. Most often David Lord is the naturalist on board to help you see and identify the birds. Depending on time of year, they sail 2-3 times a day, usually 2 hour cruises. It's a sort of pontoon boat with all windows and a small deck in front. You can take your own snacks and drinks on board within reason. The have loaner binoculars on board.

You can read reviews on both The Spirit and Osprey here on Trip Advisor.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46341-d10…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46341-d19…

13. Re: Whale and dolphin watching tour and some questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 07, 2014