We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 116
Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

I was surprised to see that the Periwinkle Inn will be featured on Hotel Impossible.

We never stayed there, but from the outside it looks like a nice place. It also gets mostly good reviews here on TA.

Apparently they must be having problems to be featured on the show. I can't wait to see what they did!

For those interested, the show is on the Travel Channel at 10pm. Here is a link to see some pictures from the show:

travelchannel.com/tv-shows/hotel-impossible/…

new jersey
reviews: 4
21. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

My husband and I were in Cape May this weekend and wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, all of the the windows in the lobby are covered in what looks like brown paper so you can't see inside. Maybe too many people were annoying them. I also heard from a local that the tv show gave them $15,000 to cover renovations. Can't verify the accuracy of that though. I'll check again in April.

nj
reviews: 29
22. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

I have stayed there before and watched the show. I agree that the owners seemed defensive. That was odd. Didn't they apply for the show? I also booked again for this summer and I'll explain why. As others have mentioned the exterior grounds are nice and it's great to be across from the beach. The interior is like a clean motor lodge. We have 2 kids and they want a pool-- periwinkle's is always clean, doesn't feel too crowded and it's nice that it doesn't feel like it's on top of a big parking lot or sidewalk like some other places. I wanted to stay on beach ave. I looked at other places I was interested in like Congress, Sanpiper, Ocean Club, etc. The high season prices are insane. Periwinkle may be a little less convenient -- and I think the cash payment is inconvenient, but we've had nice experiences in the past and it's saving me over $1K compared to the other hotels. I have stayed at luxury hotels for less than Congress and I don't need fancy when I go to Cape May. When I called to book she said they are renovating the lobby so that is probably why there's paper on the windows. And they are renovating every room. So I figured that if I was ok with the previous rooms (which were dated and in big need of renovation), then why not try the new and improved version. I am going in the summer and will post a review after our stay.

23. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, May 01, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 20
24. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

That's fair, TJ. I look forward to your review. I have to admit, the cost to stay in Cape May is getting way out of hand. If the rates keep getting higher, it will cease to be a good place for a family vacation. That thought upsets me a lot!

modernphoenixv2
reviews: 55
25. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

It surely isn't cheap, but Cape May is the 'Jewel of the Jersey Shore.' Personally, I stay with my family at Summer Station or the Montreal Inn (depends on how many people are with us) for the same reasons TJ mentioned. There are many great hotels in CM and lots of other wonderful places to stay. When it's just my wife and me, the choice is clear- B&B!

Ben

Gibbstown, New...
reviews: 49
26. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

The place looked nice in the brochure but I've seen bad reviews and also know an older couple (in their 60's) that stayed there, and they were not impressed at all with the rooms or the employees.

Gibbstown, New...
reviews: 49
27. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

How is Summer Station? I tried to contact them via phone and e-mail between late August and late Sept. 2012 about an early- or mid-Oct. for 2012 stay, and never got an answer, an answering service or a reply via e-mail.

Singapore, Singapore
28. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

I think they want cash only during high season is to avoid tax.

Ocean City, Maryland
reviews: 16
29. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

What people need to remember is the TV crew is here to make a show and get ratings for Hotel Impossible.

A weeks worth of film was taken and what you see is the edited "highlights". Many things never made it into the final cut. Many people come back year after year to the same places in Cape May and the Periwinkle Inn is one of them.

North Cape May, Nj
reviews: 9
30. Re: Periwinkle Inn on Hotel Impossible tonight

I am extremely fortunate to be a local, so a hotel is not important to me. After watching the show, there is absolutely no way that I would book a room with this hotel if I were to be a person on vacation. Cannot believe the attitude of the owner.

Edited: 7:08 pm, April 29, 2013