We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Star Inn...some questions....

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 15
The Star Inn...some questions....

Grew up in Cape May..very familiar with area..Stayed last time at Sandpiper, but I like the location of the Star Inn much better...

1) I know the pool at CH is across the street... Is it easy to walk over to Congress Hall to the Pool Area??..Do you have to go inside Congress Hall to get to the pool,or easy access from outside...???

2) Is there a TV in the Bedroom too?

3) is it best to book online or to call? Any deals??

4) on the first floor I think you get a swing in the front, and courtyard in the back?? is that right?? On the second floor do you also have a balcony off the back by the bedroom too?

Any other info on pluses and minues over Sandpiper would be helpful..We really had nowhere to sit outside at the Sandpiper except an extremely small porch , but it had 2 rockers and it was very hard to have room to even sit..It was kind of ridiculous...Also, the location was a bit more of a walking distance from everything, and the pool not as nice as Congress Hall...Also a little more expensive...But I know the star inn may be slightly smaller in space, but that wont bother us too much..Just my hubby and I and our 4 yr old...Thanks!!

NJ
reviews: 85
1. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

You can walk to pool without going into CH building.

NJ
reviews: 85
2. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I like the Sandpiper more because of it's location...yes just slightly further removed from the absolute core of town, but certainly by no means isolated and easily walkable.

Also like that there is a direct ocean view. The star is on a side street...perhaps there is an angled view?

Just have never been in any way blown away by the Star, though imagine it is fine given it's CH brand.

3. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

Yeah, maybe cause we were on the first floor right from the pool...We barely had an ocean view, it was kind of pain walking in and out of the little gate to get in and out of our room, then we had to walk thru the entire parking lot to get to the beach...The pool was right in front of our room....It would be great if they would do a resort actually on the beach...Instead of across the street...Plus, we dont care about the view, as we are never in our room....

But I understand what your saying..Thought the Sandpiper was kind of expensive for what you get...There is no way we could have sat on our porch, it was soooooo small...The rockers didnt even have room to rock...

Edited: 8:54 am, January 19, 2013
NYC
reviews: 2
4. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

The Star Inn is cute and charming, but the rooms are quite small and, depending on which direction your room faces, you might be kept up at night from the music at the Boiler Room right across the street. That said, it's not a bad "budget" property, and having access to the pool and bar at Congress Hall was a huge plus for us (and our room did have an "angled" ocean view). You can see photos and read about our experiences at both Star Inn and Congress Hall here:

traceyg.travellerspoint.com/archive/092011/

5. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

Thanks..Tracey, can you answer self the questions in my original post too :)

NYC
reviews: 2
6. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

Bermuda, there is a TV in the room. The room was comfortable but again, pretty small. The swing on the front porch is open to anyone staying at the Star Inn to use. There's also a little "courtyard" with tables and chairs out front, which is also open to anyone. (There's a small coffee shop inside the lobby that has muffins & other baked goods.) I don't know if any of the upstairs rooms have a balcony, but ours definitely didn't - I know I'd remember *that*! I also don't recall there being any deals available, but we stayed over Labor Day, and your chances of getting a deal then are pretty much zero.

www.traceyg.travellerspoint.com

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 9
7. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

Tracy, thanks for the photo's and TR, We have been going to CM every yr. for the past 30 yr. and still love seeing new personal photos.

8. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

Thanks so much! Looks like their is a swing in front of each room so thought it is just for the guests of that particular room

9. Re: The Star Inn...some questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2014